jk death wobble

rterese12

Hello Guys
I'm new to this site and it already looks great. A lot of great info out there.

So here's my question I have an 07 jk 4 door and I put a skyjacker 4.5 inch economy lift and I upgraded the steering stabilizer but its not the dual stabilizer system but I'm still running stock tires. When I'm on the interstate and I'm going over 65 mph and hit a ripple or small bump in the road that wont compress the suspension completely I get this crazy wobble in my front end. It starts out as a small vibration in the steering wheel and then progresses to a kinda scary wobble. I pretty much have to slow to 20 mph to get out of it.

Please help I'm lost on whats causing it.

Welcome to the Z. There's been a plethora of info written on this, try this forum's search function for 'death wobble' and you will see a lot of suggestions that are common to all vehicles.

The steering stabilizer is rarely an issue when addressing this problem.

Welcome to the Z. There's been a plethora of info written on this, try this forum's search function for 'death wobble' and you will see a lot of suggestions that are common to all vehicles.

The steering stabilizer is rarely an issue when addressing this problem.

thanks man will do

Alignment is huge on the jk. Caster is usually to high and most shops set toe to low. Does the kit use your stock control arms. And did it relocate the track bar.

Yeah the track bar was relocated and I got an alignment the day after I put the lift on.

No but I can probably get it a friend owns a mechanic shop and he did the alignment would should inlook for once I get it

I have the same exact issue with my 09 JK Wrangler. Hit a bump going at anything under 65 MPH and I get a slight wobble in the front end followed by an uncontrollable shake that I have to slow down to around 20MPH to get it to stop. My steering stabilizer is bad (I assume the wobble probably had something to do with that) but I from what everyone says, that is not the cause. Have you fixed your issue? If so, how?

Hello Guys
I'm new to this site and it already looks great. A lot of great info out there.

So here's my question I have an 07 jk 4 door and I put a skyjacker 4.5 inch economy lift and I upgraded the steering stabilizer but its not the dual stabilizer system but I'm still running stock tires. When I'm on the interstate and I'm going over 65 mph and hit a ripple or small bump in the road that wont compress the suspension completely I get this crazy wobble in my front end. It starts out as a small vibration in the steering wheel and then progresses to a kinda scary wobble. I pretty much have to slow to 20 mph to get out of it.

Please help I'm lost on whats causing it.

I have written extensively on the Death Wobble on my site. Check out this URL:
Death Wobble

There you will find the usual causes and how to properly diagnose them.
DW is one of the most frustrating repairs you will ever deal with. You MUST know what to look for and how to find it. Quite often it is NOT just one thing that causes DW, but a little wear here and there that add up to bad things.

Happy Trails

Back