JEEPZ 2004 Trail Ride

jhiggins Very true J but we dont have to take those trails.. and I will be the first one admit that I wont take them.. they are rated way beyond what I have sent my TJ up to do.
Those trails are rated as 4.5+. We can do alot of 3.5 trails with newbies
and walk them through the tough sections. And nearly all the Colorado trails have by-passes for the tougher sections for those wishing not to take them. The three trails listed are so tough and do not have these by-passes that is wqhy they made the list.
The local Colorado groups set-up and organize wheeling trips where they go out and maintain the trails and add in those by-passes for slightly modified Jeeps.

I am game for anywhere, we just need some info if we are going to do Colorado ,,, But if we did North Texas I can get 95% of all the info we need so it is really where everyone wants to go ...I was just trying to get the ball rolling...:)

Regional events, now that sounds like a good idea.

That is what we have all the time. PASmokeater and Wranglerwhat94 and Greenreaper came here for the first Tennessee Run! That was a regional event. The Texas tease have had a couple of regional events. The Bostonains have had a bout or two these just the ones I know about. You to can plan and have an event in your area. Just build it and they will come as the movie said.

Everyone can post "Hey we are going to have a run in BF Egypt the 29th of april all are invited and welcome". Then before you know it you have others at the same point in time with spare time and funds able to get it all togather.

This Mega event will take some real work to get it all together. Some one at Base camp will have to be willing to handle the logistics of the whole thing. Set up camping do trail research and ect... Some one will have to be ready to handle the gathering of event cost, libility, rules and regs. all needed to keep it from turning bad and hap hazard! Keeping it clean.

Some one will need to do sdafty inspections and make sure the rigs are going to be sound enough to make it in as well as out. Try to set up some sponcers and maybe even get the JP mag or four wheel mag to come out and see what is going on to promote the good jeepers. Cause there is enough Rowdys all ready maken it hard for the good guys to get on a trail.

Contact the National Forrestry Service and see if you can get the Tread Lightly folks involved, They have the keys tio the gates that can get you into the back country. Who knows maybe even get Jeepz.com into one if them cult 4x4 rags on the cover even.

Never think to small when planning an event like this one. Shot for the moon and cross your fingers. If you fall short then what have you lost in the attempt. Who knows you may just wind up hitting the golden ring and start a real big time event that even the jeep jam boys and girls want to come to.

That is just my two cents. See anyone can get together and tear up the trails but to do it in a way that promotes our sport and opens some of the closed doors now that is doing something good! tug

I'm with Tug-N-Pull on this one. I think it's a great idea to get sponsors involved as well as Tread Lightly people and maybe even some local Jeep dealerships. The Land Rover and Hummer dealerships sponsor some of their local events.

X_Factor, As soon as I can get some deffinte #'s I will start making more phone calls ...I also need a more precise date...

Well you get on it ...Sully ...I will be waiting for an update ...So keep us posted on you letter writing .... :) :) :p :) :)

Here is just a taste of Colorado Springs. This is in a national forest where you can camp, have open fires, and wheel just about anyplace. There are campgrounds with hook-ups and all of that if you need/want it. If you want even better accomodations the Broadmore hotel is at the begining of the trail. There are lots of other hotels in the area as well that are affordable.
I took a day trip out today and took some pic's so you all can see what is here. I took a friend with a bronco out there and he had some problems when we got over 13,000 feet up in elevation. Other than the we had a blast and we were on trails that you could make easy or hard in the mud and in the water. Take a look and enjoy.

http://www.thedragonsden.net/jeep/170803/page_01.htm

If you have any questions about any of the pics let me know
=)

Man... That's some GREAT scenery! Personally, I'm agreeing with Tug. I think that Colorado is quite breathe-taking, and I would go in a heartbeat. Just my two cents.

I would rather go to colorado,because for one,it is a great place to wheel.And two,it is 1300 miles to teXas from here.

Sound_Man, start the ball rolling on Co. so we can get stuff in the works let me know if there is any part that I can help you with or assist you with along the way .....:)

If this thing gets going in Col. let me know. Someone PM me or somethin. I might actually beable to make this one. On account of I need to see the Academy anyway. I hope me little old jeep will survive it tho.
Mike

Hey PA are you taking over for the planning or are we going to set it aside for now? I think maybe setting it aside for at least a little while would be respectable.
Mike

Back