Jeepless fun in AK...

phillika

Hey, while many of you were Jeeping it up in Tennessee, I was out in Alaska. I have to confess that I've not taken my Jeep out for a real off-road whirl for some time now so I'll have to make up for it eventually. But I did have fun in Alaska though and I have a bunch of cool pics to prove it. There's one, in particular, which I'll share.

This is a picture we shot in Katmai when my friend, Rana, and I were walking down a path in the woods...just so happened two bears had a similar idea, they were just going in a different direction. You see one of the two big brown bears in the picture the other was in front of this one. We were making noise to ensure we didn't sneak up on and scare a bear by accident, so once they noticed us, they stopped, turned their heads to look at us, then just shrugged (as if to say "what-ever") and kept going. I think they were heading to the river to go fishing for Salmon.

Click Here --> Bear in Woods at Katmai

Anyway, there are other cool pics that Rana took but I don't want to post too many yet...especially the National Geographic-quaility ones...and there are some!! I'm trying to encourage her to nurture her passion for photography and publish some of her photos...and maybe take up photography at least semi-professionally. Hey, she even got some pictures of a couple of bears humping (NO JOKE)...we'll have to put that on a pay-per-view site. :oops:

Jeep chat right now

Ahhh!A little too close for comfort.Great pics though.

The picture should appear just by clicking on the link...with no special viewer needed. I think there was a problem with the hosting site that I've hopefully fixed.

Back