Jeep Foot Pegs???

99JeepGirl

so i was looking into getting foot pegs for my 99 Jeep Wrangler. i wanted to know some other opinions about them before i get them. Are they a good buy or are they a waste? do they work? are they easy to install? do they give any problems?

Thanks everyone and i look forward to hearing about what you guys think

Jessie :)

i THINK WE NEED PICS. B/C I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT U ARE TALKING ABOUT MAYBE SOMEONE ELSE DOES.

I think it sounds like a good idea. If you get some that slide into the door hinges then you won't have to drill your jeep.

The only downside I can think of is if you had a manual transmission and tried to use these around town - it could make working the clutch interesting.

Attachments

• door%20foot%20pegs.JPG
    door%20foot%20pegs.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 6,631
  • footpegs_031-410x297.jpg
    footpegs_031-410x297.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 9,164
  • HPIM0143-222x305.jpg
    HPIM0143-222x305.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 4,973
  • HPIM0160-290x209.jpg
    HPIM0160-290x209.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 6,422
so i was looking into getting foot pegs for my 99 Jeep Wrangler. i wanted to know some other opinions about them before i get them. Are they a good buy or are they a waste? do they work? are they easy to install? do they give any problems?

Thanks everyone and i look forward to hearing about what you guys think

Jessie :)

Personally, I think it's another thing to get lifted :x when you’re not looking. Using the door frame is good enough for me.

Oh And, just don’t get the kickstand. They are not long enough.:D

I had no idea they had those either,, but WHYYY???? just put your foot on the door opening, its like an inch away from where those are. looks like another way to make a buck on the jeep name. They come out with some rediculous stuff for jeeps anymore. That would probably be the first thing to get ripped off if you go offroading and I hope the damage to the door hinge isnt bad.. just my thoughts on the product

I had a set of pegs for my TJ that I picked up for $20 at a meet. I liked them. I could stretch my left leg out and rest my calf on the peg. On hot summer days, it was an easy way to cool off the boys.

As for spending $40 on up to $80 for a set of pegs? Hell no. Sorry. $20 was high enough for something you can easily make yourself with aluminum stock and a bolt.

I personally would not use them, If your tires stick out past the fender flares they tend to kick up rocks and stones, those rocks can do alot of damage to your leg and foot. A rock thrown out of the tread at 55-60 miles an hour can be like a bullet, And what about the guy that runs the stop light or stop sign and broadsides you? they will be using the jaws of life to remove whats left of your leg out of the crumpled up sheet metal.

NewYJOwner said:
I personally would not use them, If your tires stick out past the fender flares they tend to kick up rocks and stones, those rocks can do alot of damage to your leg and foot. A rock thrown out of the tread at 55-60 miles an hour can be like a bullet, And what about the guy that runs the stop light or stop sign and broadsides you? they will be using the jaws of life to remove whats left of your leg out of the crumpled up sheet metal.

I feel the same way...

What's next? ( I should put this out ) A grab handle off the windshield or roof? I think you should keep yourself in the jeep.

I had a set of pegs for my TJ that I picked up for $20 at a meet. I liked them. I could stretch my left leg out and rest my calf on the peg. On hot summer days, it was an easy way to cool off the boys.

As for spending $40 on up to $80 for a set of pegs? Hell no. Sorry. $20 was high enough for something you can easily make yourself with aluminum stock and a bolt.

Thats what I was thinking...Ram Air! 8)

I love mine. I usually go for a few hrs drive and find it relaxing not to feel squeezed in if I don't want to. It is a matter of preference. I live in Florida and my doors never are up anyways so why not?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 82
I have a pair but mine are Harley pegs. The collapse inward if they were to get hit on the trail and as mentioned cool the boys down well on a hot summers day. As far as rocks (had the same fear) just wear shoes if you know your going to be going 30+ MPH or cowboy up. and your should always be a defencive driver which will help keep you safer. Mine were givin to me years ago before the craze took to the parts books but I wouldn'y pay more than $20 for them. Just my $.02

I live in the country, of the paved roads and drive the thing wearing shorts all year around . I never got hit by rocks while driving it. There might be reasons why some people don't like them but getting hit by rocks isn't one of them. You can't believe how many people have asked me where I got them. When I tell them that I made them my self, they want a set. Unfortunately, I kinda over did it so most people can't even afford the cost of the material that I spent on mine. .... LOL. Again, a matter of preference. And regarding keeping the boys cool..... I have to agree with that...

Back