jeeep specs

i'll talk about my friends a little here, that the subject came up

it would have to be a 87 Grand National
WOW, are you right... those bastards have the BEST turbo system yet to date... one friend had one... man oh man was that a monster... after a few mods, stall converter, this/that... he had it pushing 11's in the quartermile... then one day, we had a wind storm in our area... ONE tree fell down in the entire town... the GN happened to be where it landed... i have some pics, i can get them up if anyone cares... a moment of silence for the poor soul.

Can't beat a F body chevy, any year and I am happy (except the early 80's)
Amen on that one... 1st Gen, 3rd Gen, and 4th Gen are the way to go... 2nd Gen was sorta a joke.. but i've seen some nice ones, may the F-body return some day

My buddy had an '85 Z28 (305 TPI and Auto).
We all thought it was sweet, until one day he
got whipped by a Taurus SHO. A 4-door!
(He sold the Z28 for a first gen Taurus SHO.)

I love the LT1 and the 3.8T. Sweet motors.
Amen once again.. that LT1 is/was quite impressive, I'll actually prefer it over the newer, and more powerful LS1. BigBlackPJCrusher's got him a 1994 Z28 with one of those bad boys. it can't be touched around here. Another friend has an 85 Z28 just like mentioned earlier with a 305 TPI (too bad they didn't have the 350 that year, that's an ouch on their part) which will soon have a heavenly LT1... his girlfriend drives a 93 Taurus SHO which rips the streets apart around here... its quite a sleeper, you would never expect that much out of such a car... and back to the F-body, the same kids little brother has a 68 Firebird which is being restored.

The 80s boxy model were kind of "high schoolish" but some of those 5.0s had some serious balls if they were done up right.
Ain't shitting there.. We run a MuscleCar Club in which all of the previously mentioned cars, except the SHO, are members in... and the Big Dog of the club drives a 5.0 Fox Body Mustang which just this past off-season got a new body.. very impressive and VERY respected

i guess that's enough of my friends for now

edited by: Snitty, Apr 23, 2003 - 06:25 AM[addsig]

Fox body stangs definatly had it over the gen 4 camaro's, even after 1987 when the 350 was reintroduced. the stang did not change from the early 80's to 93. Tha camaro got a huge make over for the 93 model year, stomping all over ford, forcing the what was to be the 96 stang to go into early production and released as a 94 model. Thats why 94 and 95's have 5.0 and 96-on hae 4.6. The motor was not fully developed.

Back in College I had a 68 firebird convertable woth 400 small block and powerglide 300, that I bought for $1000 as a parts car. The thing ran so good, I drove it for 4 months till snow hit the ground and I needed the parts from it to build my 41 plymouth. I will post picks of it on my web soon, just need to find some.
The top was ripped, and the body was a little rough, It was 100% original 70 K mile car. The interior, other than water damage in the back, was mint!

All in All cheby's rule, ford drools!
Why do ya think all the hotrod guys drop chevy 350's into there36 fords hehe!

Johnny[addsig]

Anyone remember the Dodge Spirit R/T's??? Looked like the typical cheesy Dodge 4dr family car...but it would give the Mustangs and Camaros of the time a run for their $$$. It was a turbo 4cyl. that produced over 100hp/ltr. I think they stopped production because it was kicking the ass out the much higher priced competition. [addsig]

Back