jeeep specs

jeepmaster

does anyone know what the quarter mile and 0-60 time on a 96 cherokee is? my friend thinks his v-6 mustang is SO fast and my cherokee feels faster than it does so i was just curious. thanks[addsig]

Asmuch as I hcan't stand mustangs, his rust-stang will most likely be faster, they have about the similar horse power ratings, but the sh*t-stang weighs less and has a slight aerodynamic advantage. Your jeep (assuming it is stock) it will not over take a V6 stang. From my experiences, the reason why your jeep may feel faster is that you are farther away from terra-firma. lower vehicles feel slower for some reason, to me.[addsig]

kk thanks, hes too wussy to race anyone anyway so i may just tell him i can beat him cause chances are he'll never wanna test it cause hes a big girly. i think ive got him if i get a supercharger :roll: haha thanks again[addsig]

I think you can take him hands down.... That is if youo pick the place to test this match of power. Just make sure there is at least one good mud hole and your a sure in for the winner circle.

OlllllO :cool: [addsig]

haha i dont think hed go for that. he thinks the pusstang is god. its rather sad but what can you do. :roll: [addsig]

You can not explain the love you have in a Jeep to thoes that are not into Jeeps. I would race him just to find out just keep it to an 1/8 mile and have plenty of on lookers then I think you will have an edge. There will be no shame in looseing to a so to speak American Sports Car Icon like the Mustang but victory would be sweet if found in an Off Road Icon like a Jeep. Tug :p [addsig]

he thinks the pusstang is god.

Even the Mustang GTs are not all that impressive.
(The '03 Cobra is finally a 'Stang with some balls.)

I would place the V6 Mustang over the Cherokee.
Although it is sad if a V6 Mustang owner is going
to resort to winning armchair raises against Jeeps
to boost his little ego!
[addsig]

i dont' like when people have partial motors and think their cars are fast... I think the 6/4 cylinder stangs/firebirds/camaros were created as market for girls, they like the image, but don't care what is under the hood. i like any american muscle car, and that is with a v8, unless we're talking a buick T Type or a TTA... otherwise, its a piece of junk with an imitation body on it... I know a guy here who is saving a firebird from its shame by swapping a 355 into it... there's a good person[addsig]

Well first off, look at my name on here...I love (used to anyways) mustangs. I had the choice of buying a 5.0 or buying a TJ....lets just say I wouldnt be posting if I had chosen the first one. Although yeah they are pieces of junk sometimes, they are CHEAP compared to the other cars in its class. However you said your buddy has a 6 cycl....the looks may impress the girls...but tell him to buy a real one..and if you race him, just climb over it[addsig]

well you see hes AWFUL at shifting, thats why i think i could take him. specs-wise, yes he has me, but since he refuses to run it past 2200 cause its "hard on the engine" and he shifts rougher than my great grandma. my brother rode with him and thought he was kidding around it was so bad. ive seen him try to shift fast against a civic giving him sh*t and he missed at least twice and grinded them nice. unfortunatly 2 things prevent me from claiming my victory over him. 1. he probably knows id win so hes gonna say its not worth his time to race an SUV cause what would that prove, especially cause if you ask anyone who doesnt know anything about cars, they're gonna say the mustang would win without even thinking, cause a V-6 mustang is a "sports car" the 2nd reason is mine wont start and is being towed to the shop today. ill let ya'll know how that turns out :-x [addsig]

i have a 97 cherokee with a few engine mods... K&N fipk, exhaust, and a TB spacer. i also have the 5 speed manual. (a stock 5-speed with the 4.0 HO engine hits 60 mph in under 8). i recently put some larger 30 inch BFG all-terrain tires and an ARB bull-bar on... but prior to the installation of those two upgrades, my jeep was a very fast vehicle (and it is still definitely quick). jeeps are extremely fast up to about 40 miles an hour or so due to their advantage with torque... especially with a 5-speed. i am quite confident i would have no problem taking a POS V6 mustang, atleast for a short sprint (but probably not for a quarter mile or anything like that). [addsig]

gotta jump in here.

1968 mustang gt fastback with a 429 cobra jet.

jeeps rule, of course, in the right environment.

we're talking about roll-off horse power that will rip your internal organs from their mounts.

no jeep will do that.

if you want a race car, you need to get out of the cherokee.

no offence.[addsig]

Other than a jeep, if I had to own a V6 or straight 6 or 6 something, it would have to be a 87 Grand National. oh my god thats a straight away hauler, can't corner for sh*t, but never seen drag course with turns.
Can't beat a F body chevy, any year and I an happy (except the early 80's)

Thanks for reading my ramblings
Johnny[addsig]

Can't beat a F body chevy, any year and I an happy (except the early 80's)

My buddy had an '85 Z28 (305 TPI and Auto).
We all thought it was sweet, until one day he
got whipped by a Taurus SHO. A 4-door! :)
(He sold the Z28 for a first gen Taurus SHO.)

I love the LT1 and the 3.8T. Sweet motors.
[addsig]

oh man those SHO's are unreal....i looked into getting one at one point, but it all boils down to its still a taurus :lol: [addsig]

"However you said your buddy has a 6 cycl....the looks may impress the girls...but tell him to buy a real one..and if you race him, just climb over it"
(sorry, I don't know how to do real quote boxes like everyone else)

Hey, don't worry because just as guys think there is nothing sexier than a girl in a jeep...the reverse is also true. I saw a guy crusising through town in a black bling bling mustang, and it just made me want to laugh. I wanted to roll down my window and give him directions to the local high school. Give me a guy in a jeep any day. Put him in a wrangler, even better.[addsig]

I'd be like "Yeah lets race but I choose the course..."

---->
image-missing.png

Hahahahaha[addsig]

First of all... I assume the mustang is a 95 or up, cause mustangs never had a V6... until recently. They had a straight 6 in the sixties and the 80s were all 4bangers. 5.0s, or bigger... But then again, when someone says mustang, I automatically think of a classic model, but probably cause I have a 67 that I bought as my first car. It's been my baby ever since! The 80s boxy model were kind of "high schoolish" but some of those 5.0s had some serious balls if they were done up right. A friend of mine had one that was clocked at 154, and thats how he got it from the guy that had his licence taken away... I say why not have a rock crawler and a muscle car? Thats what I have! But I am spoiled by my mustangs V8 and thats why I HAD to get a 4.0 when I bought my YJ... any less wouldn't do. I got waaay off subject... as a matter of fact I don't know the answer to whatever question was asked... I just saw mustangs, V8s and Jeeps in the same post... Sweeeeeeeeeet.

edited by: Joopin\', Apr 22, 2003 - 06:42 PM[addsig]

Oh, I'm not trying to offend the mustangers, anyway, the 60's mustangs are a completley different car! My first car was a 67 camero, cherry condition...too bad I wrecked it (beyond repair) three weeks later. Don't give a sixteen year old girl that much horse power! Anyway, if you'd have seen this guy, you'd have sent him back to high school, trust me.[addsig]

i agree with noli on the guys in jeeps thing. i stopped by my friends work today, and met his good looking coworker, who i found out recently bought a tj (extra points for him!! a good looking guy driving a jeep, what more could a girl want? j/k). camaros and mustangs don't impress me. today i was driving by a dealership and some people were checking out mustangs. I almost rolled down my window and yelled "BUY A JEEP!!" but i was already past them...the next people i saw shopping for cars weren't so lucky...well maybe they were, my window was up :p [addsig]

Back