i've ruined my character

My friend I have been in a situation of this sort before. It is very hard to live with yourself after you hurt someone close to you. What I have to say is this: even though you think what you did makes you a worse person than you were you aren't. It's no character flaw of yours its just human nature. Human beings are curious beings and it gets us into all sorts of trouble. Dont go beating yourself up about it because it will weigh too much on your mind and make things harder. Take it and learn from it and remember it. As for patching things up I wish you the best of luck. It isnt easy to repair friendships, even the real close ones. Theonly thing you can do is try to regain some of that trust by actions. Words mean nothing to people, especially someone who has been repeatedly hurt. I've been here before and I hope you have better luck than I did. At least you are still talking.
Mike

....trust is a two way street. trust for you not to be nosy, and trust for them to be sharing so that you don't have to be.....

if something was worth hiding, maybe there wasn't as much trust from the other end as anticipated.

again, thanks for the replies

no i'm sure there was nothing being hidden... there would be nothing to hide, on either part...

i guess i just started to make a mistake... then did make a mistake by not coming out with that when i should have... THAT was the biggest mistake, the mistake of dishonesty.

though... one thing that seperates me from most people... is that i don't accept that a mistake was made, and live with it.... no no no... i accept it was made, and i show that it was just that, a mistake, rather than a mal-doing... i intend on proving that every part of my mistake was a mere glitch in who i am... i don't hurt people, in fact, i'm dedicated to doing good for people. the difference between me and the majority of the world, is that i DO stick with that, and i DO show that difference.... i DO prove that i intend to always do the best thing

Back