IT finally happned...

LauraBoston

NEJ had a trail ride yesterday, 22 Jeeps, we had TJs, YJs, XJs, ZJs, 1 CJ5, and 4 Libertys. There was rocks, mud, hills..ice, you name it, it was there. We did about 4 miles of trails in a little over 8 hours. (I said 12 eailer, but then thought about it..and I was WAY OFF)

Well, what happned was to much gas, and a lot of mud. I broke my rear output shaft (snapped of right at the tcase), and the slip yoke broke. :D

Since it is my VERY FIRST trail damage, I am rather proud, and thought I would share. Ahh..ok, I did learn from my mistakes. And, what I learned is if ya break something, make it worth while so you can upgrade REAL good.

I'm putting in SYE, and a CV drive shaft. Believe it or not, the stock drive shaft and u joints are all in good condition... :shock: !

Once I get the pictures I am sure everybody will be happy to see them... :wink:

Happy Trails.

yeah..i can't wait to break my frist thing on the trail..hey..maybe it'll happen during the april paraon ride.

Now we are haven fun Laura. Breaken parts means we are doing it right. tug

That's a fine choice of upgrade to force upon yourself!!! So how did you get it home? Front wheel drive? Tow?

Gas mileage for a TJ

Tug-n-pull, Wicked good, for sure!

TwistedCopper, Yes front wheel drive, slow..with a friend behind me..making sure I wasn't peeing tcase fluid on the road...he was a trooper, going 50 with me on the Pike (which is probably the most major road in MA)

50 on da pike! Brave Laura. Bet that was awarded with a honk or two and maybe even an occasional finger :lol:

Ya, I bet the shmuck that pulled you out of there was a devilishly good looking gentleman!! In fact I know strap-boy digs him!! hehe

I assume that you got me message about the Main shafts. sorry none of it could help, but if you need a hand on the T-case, give me a holla! I have done a couple of these! OH ya, pics are coming soon! I got a great one of laura under the jeep and another of her holding the drive shaft and the output shaft spline!!

image-missing.png

Your welcome!!

This is the only climb I could not get her up. We got about 3/4 of the way up, but is was Ice and even lockers would not have helped. the strapp from the front of me is attached to a GC and it still took a couple of try's to get me over the Ice. most of the other rigs had to "speed" over it, but with a 03 attached to my bumper, it just wasn't happening!

That reminds me of the time my aluminum transfer case adapter had all the threads stripped out. I had to get dragged out with "no wheel" drive and the case just laying in the skid pan with a ratchet strap.

congrats on the trail dammage,,,, hehehe, i never broke an out put shaft but i have broken an axle housing from the control arm hehehe it was fun driving that afterwards

image-missing.png

nasty me..holding the drive shaft and output shaft..eww..i was so dirty

image-missing.png

that mud was so nasty...that's how i got so dirty

Back