Is synthetic oil ok to use?

Using Synthetic is the Way to go, using all Synthetic is ah-some, your Engine runs Cooler, you can see this in your engine's Temperature gage, any Synthetic well do, I buy mine at Costco, they sell Mobil, it gets kind of expensive when you do, so I just throw in one can of Synthetic. But if you choose use all Synthetic, your engine is going to run Cooler, its especially good for use FourWheelers because we run in Four-Low, you want your engine to run Cooler, try it out. If your running Regular Oil, here's what you should do, change your Oil to Synthetic, run for at least a couple days than change your Oil again, you engine needs to adjust, your all set, enjoy your new Cooler running Engine.

Sorry but oil does not regulate engine temp. You will not see a difference in your temp gage. What you might be stating is the reduced friction over an oil change will result in lower heat generation and wear on the parts. I could state more but I just don't want anyone to think oil controls engine temp.

Cheers!

be careful about seanding oil samples out 4 testing,if dec finds unknown substances u may be banned from wheelin!!!drjeeper99tj

I am the original owner of a heavy ton 1990 Comanche.....255K miles now with the Renix 4.0L and automatic xmsn. I regularly pull a 4000 lb boat 250 miles to the gulf and back. I have used only Amsoil synth ever since the engine was broken in. I have changed the oil just once a year, regardless of mileage, for 24 years. I have no leaks, and never have to add oil between the yearly changes. Compression is still 150+/- in all cylinders, the motor is clean under the valve cover, and it gets 19 MPG avg (11 mpg @ 60 mph pulling the boat). Best vehicle I ever owned.
When I had the Cherokee all I ever did was change the oil once a year, not really caring about the amount of mileage. It ran great and so is my Wrangler, no leaks anywhere!

Back