Is anybody....

Green97TJ

Is anybody on here from around the Vincennes Indiana area? I'd like to find someone to wheel with, but right now i dont even know of anywhere here to wheel. So if anybody knows of any places and/or would like to wheel tell me!

Nathan

RedBird State Riding Area is pretty close to you, only about 38 miles by Mapquest's calculation. Also the Badlands is in Indiana but a little further, at Attica IN.

Our club wheels the Shawnee Nat'l Forest in southern Illinois, but those two-tracks will soon be closed for winter.

www.RedbirdSRA.com
Dugger, Indiana
Over 600 acres of riding area
Trails, Rocks, Mud, and Hills
Parking area w/ loading ramps and restrooms

Open to all motorized vehicles (4x4s, Dirt Bikes, and ATVs)
The following are not allowed: golf carts, go-carts, and 3 wheelers

Located about 40 minutes south of Terra Haute, Indiana off Highway 54 in Dugger, Indiana.
Open Saturday and Sundays 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, including holiday weekends thru December 1st.

Admission: $10.00/ OHV per day, non-street legal OHVs will also require an Indiana or another state’s OHV sticker.
The Indiana OHV sticker is available thru the Indiana Department of Natural Resources @ $30.00 for 3 years.

Rules
1. Everyone who enters the Redbird State Riding Area must sign in and obtain a daily use permit. Users must also check out and return the use permit prior to leaving the property.

2. All visitors must sign a release of liability waiver and all vehicle operators must show a photo ID that verifies proof of age.

3. No alcoholic beverages are allowed on the property. All vehicles are subject to search.

4. Visitors must comply with all IDNR property rules and Indiana off-road vehicle laws. All vehicles must be registered. Out of state registrations will be honored.

5. Entry onto property is authorized only during posted hours of operation. The valid daily permit must be in the vehicle operator's possession at all times.

6. No camping, hunting, fishing, swimming or diving except as authorized by a special use permit.

7. SUV* operators must be at least 18 years of age and possess a valid driver's license. Any other ORV operator under the age of 18 must be directly supervised at all times by a parent or legal guardian.

8. Vehicles shall not be operated without use of listed safety equipment:
§ All off-road vehicles must have functioning spark arrestors and mufflers. No tire chains or studded tires.
§ Helmets and over-the-ankle boots are required at all times for all ATV and dirt bike riders.
§ Seatbelts are required to be used by all vehicle operators and occupants and overhead/rollbar protection is required for all occupants in the vehicle, SUV.*
§ Passengers are not allowed on ATV's or dirt bikes.
9. Vehicles may only be operated in designated areas and must stay on marked trails.

10. Firearms are prohibited.

For more info, visit our website
www.RedbirdSRA.com

Hey thanks a lot! If i can find someone else to go i may have to check out Redbird sometime.

So how far away is the club your in? Unless its a real hardcore club or anything that would probably be my best bet, because im kinda new to this.

Thanks again

Nathan

Id have to be an idiot to go out by myself.... Ive had my old two wheel drive truck in some places where a lot of people couldnt take a 4wd, but that dont mean much cuz a lot of people could get hung up on wet grass :)

But anyway, thats one thing id like to do is just go out on the trail with some more experienced people. If nothing else just to watch the lines they take and try to find out whats the best way to take certain kinds of obstacles.

Anyway, thanks again for the links

Nathan

Back