Installing a lift in the driveway?

jeepdude832

my buddy asked me to help him do a 3 inch lift and a 1 inch body lift on tj I have minimal experience( coil spacers and control arms) Is this too much of an under taking for a driveway install? I am pretty mechanicly inclined and can figure things out.

South East JEEP Group Veterans Day Cookout.

im not sure about a TJ but i installed my XJ lift in my home garage in a weekend. so you should be able to do it if you have instructions and the will to do it.

I lifted my YJ on the front lawn on thick plywood (driveway too sloped). My wife really loved that let me tell ya!

Did my YJ lift with jack stands and floor jacks on the ground. 2 days by myself. Son helped hand me stuff but it can be done. tug

yeah.... it can be done, and it should not be a hard job at all... for extra brownie points with the neighbors, make sure you unhook the exhaust and run the jeep while you are doing the lift

taking apart the hearter

on a TJ its not bad at all, i did mine in the drive way a dirt drive way hehe for the doil spring spacers go buy or rent a coil spring comprssor and just sit the body of the jeep on hack stands, take the wheel off and let the axle drop, compress springs take out springs put in spacer and put spring back in, its that easy body lift is a little more involved but its pretty easy, juss follow the instructions and youll be fine.

Not hard at all. did my 2" lift in about 2 hours. However you have other stuff to do.

yeah. its spring lift kits are pretty straight forward. anylift kit for that matter is. i did mune in my drivway last year with nothing more than a few hand tools, a big hammer and bigger breaker bar. :D good luck on the install!

Back