inclinometer

LGR

So..we was cleaning out my cousin's garage the other day and I came across an inclinometer from quadratec in the box of stuff from his old jeep. So..o'corse its mine now..he said it was the worst thing he ever put in his jeep cause all it would do is shake around....but i mean..it lights up and has neat dials and whatever..its getting installed!..but i was wondering how would i go about wiring it up so when i turn on my instrument panel the meter goes on?? anyone have one of these jammies hooked up?

I have one but it has no dials or lights. When two or more wheels leave the ground due to gravity I know I have gone to far! hehehehe tug

he said it shakes all the time..like if ya give it gas or turn..break..the thing will move the meter...ya know not just if its climbing or almost tipping over

splice the hot wire into any of the wires coming off of one of the instrument panel lights. or splice it right off of the back of the headlight switch.

yeah..the headlight switch is that turny knob thing built onto the blinker..i got no idea what wire is what

nevermind....then it would only work if the headlights where on :oops: any key hot source would do. find a solid yellow wire and splice into it :lol:

i found me a hot wire..but it goes on when the jeep gets started..even during the day and i don't need that on during the day. if i splice into a bulb in the panel or somthing of that sort it'll work right?..its not like it needs lots of power..its just a little bulb

Hi-Ya LGR,

Assuming your Jeep has wires feeding the dash instrument lights and not a printed circuit board instrument pod, pick any easily accessed instrument light and use a wire tap to splice the inclinometer hot wire with that instrument light wire.

image-missing.png

Wire taps are sized and color coded for wire gauge. You will probably need to use a red wire tap for this application.

If the inclinometer has a ground wire, as opposed to being grounded through a mounting bracket, then attach the ground wire to the nearest chassis ground.

Regards,

Gadget

i'm with tug, i kinda use the old hillbilly way, if you roll, it was too steep..... and... how do you find your point of rollover?

Back