I'm not the only one w/ brake probs.

Jeepster05

Today i was driving down the road when i saw a teal 98 TJ parked in a parking lot with his front right tire off. I stopped to see if i could help and it ends up that he had the same problem (locked up calliper) as I have been having for the past couple months. This jeep was no PJ it had a 4-6 in lift on 33s with some 767s and rhinoliner. I ended up being a big help since he didn't have a clue what was wrong. I'm turning into a brake expert now haha. :-D [addsig]

Jeepasters Break Shop. We be Jeep breakes. hehehe I know who to call when I need new shoes. hehehehe tug[addsig]

I had no idea that on the XJ's that there were 2 diff size shoes for the rear. They have 1.75 inch and 2.5 inch. I've changes my shoes before and never asked what size and always recieved the 1.75 The 2.5 looked huge! Auto Zone has only 1.75 but NAPA has both. I'm still learning new things every day lol...................Bullet[addsig]

One of my calipers sieze every time I play in the mud, man do those suckers get hot when you're truckin down the highway. I can always smell when one is siezed :lol:

Gettin pretty quick at gettin them freed up, still haven't installed a replacement.[addsig]

Back