I think I found my winch bumper...

mingez

image-missing.png

Found this on the NAXJA site. I think the black would offset my orange quite nicely. What'd ya think?

LOL Yeah.. Actually, that's why I posted it. I was trying to be sarcastic. I can't even imagine why he needs that thing. Maybe he's a rhino-wrangler. :lol:

thats what happens when you buy the weld it yourself roll bar and then you lose the instructions :roll:

haha

Thats got to be one of the ugliest bumpers I have ever seen.

help!

I've seen a few like that. It's just tilted forward so he can open the hood. When tilted back, it covers the hood and the angled tubing on the side follows the line of the fender flare.

Either that......or this guy has a tube bender in his garage and a crack pipe in his pocket.

Yeah, I was thinking it might fold down. But I don't see any sort of hinge system. I think that's permanently up.

It looks to me like there are bolts at the bottom of the push bar this pivots on. I can't believe anyone would have it anyother way.

Even if it pivots down, what the heck does he think he's going to run into? Would rather repair body damage than frame damage. I would think that in a serious head on collision his frame would buckle and that thing would turn into a powder coated decapatator

I'd have to agree it's a bit of an overkill unless he's using this as a battering ram to knock down walls, trees etc. Some smaller diameter tubing could have been used for a good share of this. I can only imagine the weight it added to the front end.

Thats an old trailready bumper. It tilts forward. You can see the latch and how it aligns with the other rails. Used to be made buy rsi then trailready took over rsi. Then www.roadarmor.com had it then trailready sued them.

Back