I installed my grille guard!

Saurian

That thing was a pain in the butt! My mom got me the Warn Trans4mer grille guard (with matching brushguards) for Christmas... I am pleased, looks fantastic, now I have a frontal tow point, place to mount winch, lights, what have you... But there were a couple issues that made the install go less than easy. Firstly, Warn decided to not pack the right bolts in the little baggie, so when they were referencing 7/16 bolts, I couldn't find 'em (because they weren't there)... But there were an overabundance of other bolts, so those had to do... Then drilling the stupid holes; I was working out at my Grandpa's garage in Ortonville, a compilation of tools, equipment, and Chrysler car parts from the last 50 years of his life... Yeah... But the drillbits were all smoked, I broke two step-drill bits, and shinied up three regular bits before I got those stupid holes all done... Then, we put the bumper on, but my buddy didn't hold up the bracket when he tightened everything, so the bumper was sagging about an inch on his side... Take it off, straighten it, redrill the mounting hole... Got it!

Despite all that, it's on, and looks kick ass, and feels as stable as if it came with the Jeep... Now, I guess I have to be careful when parking and such; knew where the front end of the Jeep was, now there are 4 extra inches of metal sticking out, give or take... For $35.00, I could have gotten it installed up at the shop, but I was told that it was not too difficult, and it made it all the more personal to do it with a good friend, in my late grandpa's garage with his tools... When I get access to a camera, I'll take some pics of it; came in black, with the dark blue on my Jeep, looks really nice :D

I've been considering that purchase for a while - I like that you can change out a 2" reciever for a winch mount. Looking forward to seeing the pics...

Will try to get some pics as soon as possible... I like that too... As it came, it just has the large bar, and the small bar, with the little braces for either the reciever or the mount, so I am totally open as to which way I want to go. ... I'm just glad I didn't have to tear out my bumper or anything for the option of having a winch, as it is still a perfectly good factory bumper...

Back