I have SOME questions...

craziesteve

Well I hope you can give me some answers......

Well first off call me caustious if you will but I was wondering whats the best thing to clean my soft top windows with and does it matter what i clean the soft top with? LIke just normal car soap? and I can use a rag and scrubber thing on it?

I have read a few posts concering security on jeeps and read alot about kill switches to the battery, or the lights, or fuel pump? I was wondering if anyone has these done, and if they are effective? how much they cost to put in yourself?

I also read some post about installing an ammo can in the hood of the jeep to store road flares, jumper cables, ...tools. just anything... I was wondering wheres the best place to put that, and does anyone have any pics of that?

Also, I am a broke college student....so i just have the full size soft top, so I was wondering whats the best way to drive around in it when it gets warmer? DO most people keep the whole soft top off and have everythiing completely bare? So I dont know if I should waterproof the seats and everything if I had the top down and off and everything would get wet....or

Well Im sure Ill have some more questions in the future....but thats it for now. I hope to get some answers

THANK YOU

Steve
AIM- craziesteve
email - still_the_wise@Punkhardcore.net

for a reminder - 99 Jeep wrangler(base model) 5 speed 2.5litre, half doors, everything stock except cd player, also have a sound bar, and Im from Southern Maryland
[addsig]

Alright, I dont know the answers to all of your questions but Ill try to answer the ones I do know. For the soft windows use lemon pledge to clean them, it works like a charm. As for the kill switch, I dont have one now, but im a few weeks I will be installing one. You just need a switch and some wire then tap into the hot wire going to the fuel pump and install your switch, but make sure you hide it. As for summer, go topless. If you're concerned about getting everything wet, you can pick up a bikini top from quadratec for around $40. Thats all I have for you, so welcome to Jeepz.com and hope you learn and share alot.

edited by: tarsij, Jan 29, 2003 - 07:21 AM[addsig]

first off... welcome to the board!

Well first off call me caustious if you will but I was wondering whats the best thing to clean my soft top windows with and does it matter what i clean the soft top with? LIke just normal car soap? and I can use a rag and scrubber thing on it?

--->soap and water. scrub lightly.

I have read a few posts concering security on jeeps and read alot about kill switches to the battery, or the lights, or fuel pump? I was wondering if anyone has these done, and if they are effective? how much they cost to put in yourself?

--->a 5 dollar trip to radio shack and you're set. you decide where you want to mount it, and what you want it to do. i rigged up a switch in my civic that required you to hold the switch down while turning the key to the 'start' position to start it. worked out well.

So I dont know if I should waterproof the seats and everything if I had the top down and off and everything would get wet....or

---> c'mon man... its a jeep! you think they'd send out factory seats that'd get screwed up if they got WET!? i've never heard of anybody waterproofing their seats, so i'm ASSuming that you're good to go.

edited by: dingus, Jan 29, 2003 - 07:25 AM[addsig]

Hey you really are new hun! Just kidding Welcome and the windows has been covered pretty well and so has the kill switch, might add to that something that my dad always told me, "locks only keep honest people out" If they want your jeep it's gone. Summer time is ez as it only takes a few mins to remove or put back on you will figure that one out real quick. I have a hard top and a bikini and will buy a soft top in the spring. It is ez to just pop off the doors and roll up the back window for most days. Seats get a couple of really large heavy duty garbage bags and if you get caught out and want to protect your seat just slip em over and go or park what ever the case may be. Pardon the pun cause I hate this saying but after all it is a jeep thing you will figure it out. Keep asking and you will get there. One more thought just abandon all hope now that you have a jeep! Tug[addsig]

For your seats, it depends if they're cloth or vynl, if they're cloth getting wet wont neccesarily hurt them but they do take a little while to dry, a set of bestop seat covers will work well and they look really nice or garbage bags as tug said.

Where are you in southern MD? Im in ocean city myself

Quik[addsig]

Welcome to the board!

For the seats, Costco has neoprene seat covers for about $15 - $20 They work great!

For the Ammo can. I'm going to mount mine to where the air box use to be. That's about the best place, because there's already a shelf. [addsig]

You're supposed to put the top back on after you take it off??? I'm a fan of the garbage bags also...my not be the most elegant or luxurious option...but cost effective. :cool: [addsig]

Ok, I was just watching some formula 1 racing, and thought of a great security idea. Get a racing steering wheel! One that you can remove very easily.[addsig]

Welcome to the system man! Glad to have ya. Talking about the ammo can deal... I've seen people bolt em' where their OEM jack stand was. (These guys upgraded and got a high-lift jack) I've also seen guys bolt 'em to the rear tire wells inside the jeep.[addsig]

I am going to have to disagree with Tug-n-pull and his dad on the kill switch mentality. No disrespect intended. kill switches are easy ways to deter would be theives. they are easy to install and even more fun to hide. More likely than not a theif isnt going to take 30mins while he is trying to steal a car to trace wires and find you kill switch. Its a cheap theft deterant system that may be the difference in your jeep dissappearing. Why make things easier for the theif.[addsig]

Where are you in southern MD? Im in ocean city myself

Quik

Ocean city is like 2-3 hours away. Im in Calvert County to be exact.

Yeah you can laugh it up. I am young, its my first jeep, and definitely not my last. i have to learn all of the things eventually. Im learning them as I go. But thanks for everything...

steve[addsig]

Hey steve we are all learning as we go!
Yeah you can laugh it up. I am young, its my first jeep, and definitely not my last. i have to learn all of the things eventually. Im learning them as I go.
And if you think it is hard being young wait till you get old, Man it's tough. :-O As for the laugh don't take it bad man I get laughted at so often around here it aint funny, or maybe it is funny. You are correct about the not your last I know people that say I had a Jeep back in the 70's and never foregave myself after It was sold so I got another. Jeepen gets into your system and it is like a must have.
I am going to have to disagree with Tug-n-pull and his dad on the kill switch mentality.
I never said not to or it was a bad idea, it may even stop an average thug but if someone really wants your jeep you ain't going to keep for long. If I wanted your jeep you could put er up on blocks and remove the wheels and I could still have it! Welcome and stick around here this is THE PLACE for jeepers. Tug[addsig]

Back