I broke me a driveshaft today

Snitty

Leaving my usual thursday dinner spot, i had to get on the gas due to a small gap in a loooong line of traffic... then BANG BANG BANG BAM.. i knew what it was... it was that new shaft i just welded...

i would have bet money that something happened to my weld... but nope.. not even a crack... the front ujoint ears broke right off the shaft...

not knowing how strong the weld would be, i put the welded side closer to the axle, so if it broke, there wouldn't be an entire shaft flopping around when i was coasting to a safe place... but... murphy's law kicked in.. and the weld held strong, and since the front snapped, the shaft flopped around and busted up my exhaust... looks like i'll be parking it until i get the lift done. i'll get pics and keep you posted

thought it was ironic

I like the title Snitty, its like, "Made me a driveshaft part II".... only not.... My stock exhaust got all banged up when I broke my first and only (so far, knocking on wood) driveshaft. Thats too bad, you were proud of that shaft, and you had a reason to be.

Some Pics of my update!

Sorry to hear that, But it is very Ironic, I first saw you posted that I was like, OH NO. Easy fix as long as the shaft is not bent. You had the shaft baanced after you welded it right? even 1 thoundths off and it makes a big difference. If you have no local shops, I do, you can mail it to me and I can have them do it, and mail back.

Dang Snitty I was hopen that when you sold that jeep just for the sake of the site you would keep that Snitty Built Driveline for the next Jeep. Hate it happened dude. Tug

Back