I am thinking about buying a Bronco.

mingez

Am I nuts??? I need another project like I need a hole in my head.

But, I want a trailor queen vehicle. I hate having to do all the mods on my jeep and having to worry about having it back up and running before I need to go back to work. Or being car-less the whole time sucks too.

This way, not only will I have a 2nd back up vehicle, but it can also be a complete Off Road only type vehicle. I Loved my last 73 Bronco, and now that I'm not as inept mechanically (I said "not as" :lol: ), it'd be nice to get one back.

What do ya think?

BTW- this pic is not the Bronco in question, it's much more of a project. This is just for reference.
ec_1JPG-3.jpg

Just put in my throttle body spacer today and....

Might be one of my next rigs

I say "B" or "D".

A wrangler is going to be cheaper to mod, with more options. Parts are cheaper and far more available. Tech help is available on Jeepz.com too!

L33TJ33P said:
I didn't vote. If you want one of those, get a Scout.
?? lots of rust and troublesome motors. ??

if you do stick with a 75-77 bronco. Or if you really want something bad ass! look for a 73-76 blazer/Jimmy, they had the 73-87 bodystyle but were full removable top, and are dirt cheap to build cause there are so many parts out there!

I had an 81 Bronco years ago and had a blast. A couple of years ago, I was looking for an EB (early Bronco) to play with and restore when I stumbled across the 442 and couldn't pass it up. I then sold it for the Jeep.

I say go for it.

I too didnt vote. Bronco's are awsome dont get me wrong, but there are to many of them.(well, they are kinda rare, but for old trucks there are alot of them) I am a scout fan and if I didnt buy a jeep I would have got a scout. Both of them will get terrible gas millage but have got gobs of power.

I wish I could afford gas to drive my jeep let alone even think about affording another vehicle.

Broncs are cool though, go ahead and get one if that's what ya want! There's enough wranglers in the world. <Did I say that?>

Lady

Alot of Broncos???? Cant the same be said for the Jeeps we cherish so much and for Scouts as well? In my opinion one Scout on the road is one scout too many...

laneiac said:
Alot of Broncos???? Cant the same be said for the Jeeps we cherish so much and for Scouts as well?

That's why I got a CJ7, not many of them on the road.

i have always wanted an earlyh bronco, but finding one in pa that is not a rust pit=impossible.

go for it dude, classic american style 8)

Broncos, I love them. I don't like Scouts at all. They just seem like .... "incomplete." Bronco's or Jeeps that's it for me. Blazers are not an option either. I'd always feel like "the guy who settled for a Blazer." Besides, my mostly stock XJ whips up on Blazers on a weekly basis.

As for the rust, it ain't an issue for me here in the Desert, but remember they do sell fiberglass body parts for the EB's. My last one had quite a bit of that.

On another note, I just came back from Red Sands and had a blast testing (finally) my new lockers. I'd tested them before on the Hills, but you get a limited veiw of how effective they are. In the rocks and dunes, WOW such a difference.

Still thinking about it, thanks for all your input!!! :mrgreen:

Sully said:
laneiac said:
Alot of Broncos???? Cant the same be said for the Jeeps we cherish so much and for Scouts as well?

Dude, there are atleast twice as many CJ7's on the road than Early Broncos.

L33TJ33P wrote:
I didn't vote. If you want one of those, get a Scout.

?? lots of rust and troublesome motors. ??

if you do stick with a 75-77 bronco. Or if you really want something bad ass! look for a 73-76 blazer/Jimmy, they had the 73-87 bodystyle but were full removable top, and are dirt cheap to build cause there are so many parts out there!

In my opinion one Scout on the road is one scout too many...

imma have to come to boston and oregon and have a "talk" with yall...
SCOUTS RULE... my next real 4x4 will be a SCOUT

mingez said:
Sully said:
laneiac said:

It's not a wrangler buddy. Any CJ is rare around here. Plus, I am like 1 of the 5 guys that own CJ's in my city.

How secure is your job ?
You can NEVER save too much.

I say stick with the xj, You don't NEED another vehicle ( you just want one)

regardless what my wife thinks you can never have too many Jeeps.

Sully said:
mingez said:
Sully said:
laneiac said:

It's not a wrangler buddy. Any CJ is rare around here. Plus, I am like 1 of the 5 guys that own CJ's in my city.

Dude!!! You know I know the difference between a CJ and a Wrangler. :lol:
But I'm tellin' you, open up any magazine, and go to the cities I've lived in. Denver, Albuquerque, El Paso, San Francisco, Oakland, Alameda. CJ's are atleast 3 to 1 in any of those areas. Go to Moab, and just count vehicles. CJ's will be more common than Early Broncos.

I love CJ7's though. That's my other choice other than a Bronco. I'm lookin' at one of those in Deming too.

hmm...I would say get a Bronco if that is what you want. I also like the Scout and all those others as well, so I don't think I could ever really tell you what I would do!!

Around here, CJ's are fairly common. Of the CJ's, the 7 is the most common to see driving the streets in my town. As for older Bronco's, there's not that many here (only a small handfull).

Back