how to run a winch with this setup

JEEPCJXJ

CJ 7 winter rebuild

i have a milemarker 10500lb 2spd hydraulic that i need to mount to my CJ just have to find a good source to run it off of...........no power steering......thinking of just getting an OEM replacement powersteering pump and mounting in the engine to run it off of any one else attempted this???

didnt you post this the other day?
but anyways the easiest thing by far would be to sell it or trade it for an electric winch.

Exhaust Manifold Repair...Need expert Mechanic advice

no one is really answering my question.................i want the power and strength of the hydraulic and have always had better success with them than electric

Exhaust Manifold replacement... need advice

get a new jeep. you are askin for too much trouble for a winch when you could just get an electric.... i you really need to find out i have a suggestion. go to www.pirate4x4.com and do a search

dana 44 question

I know nothing about a Hydraulic winch so I have not the answer, but I would contact the milemarker folks and ask for help! I am sure it will not be the first time it has been ask of them. Good Luck! tug

I'm not too sure, but I think milemarker uses your exsisting power steering pump. So in answer to your question, Yes, I would install a power steering pump just to run your winch. And since you don't have power steering, maybe you could either upgrade your steering or perhaps install an electric clutch to the pump so that you are not running it all the time when you are not using the winch.

Hope this helps.

Back