How To Build a Tire carrier???

jeepin916

does anyone know where i can find plans on building a tire carrier? i can get the frame and and that stuff together but i dont know what to use for the swing part of the carrier...

I was going to do the same thing before I bought mine. Just search around the internet, there's lots of different kinds of plans you can find. I've seen plans that use ready rod for the post of the hinge and I've seen other plans that use bearings. The carrier that I bought uses a single round post attached to the bumper and the swing out portion of the carrier just slips on over it with a bolt on top.

I can't stress the importance of "searching" on pirate. If you don't you'll get flamed to pieces. :roll:

Hey, try the hinges off of an old, big satilite dish. Most are fairly heavy guage steel and they are greasable. Hell, you can probably find someone who just wants you to take it down and haul it a way. Make the mounting hinge into the tire carrier and the dish into a gazeebo for your wife.

hahahaha thats a good idea for the hinge... but i dont know about the gazeebo for the wife hehehe im not married yet and i dont plan on gettin married im about 35 and about to go thru my midlife crisis hehe

hahahaha i could but i have a full size spare so it would be kind of in the way and i might hit that little old lady crossing the street not even knowinghehe

1987 wrangler

If you are looking for a hinge, I found sleeoffroad to be the cheapest next to machining a trailer spindle.

Back