How much lift?

Yeah, they will fit right now but if you have stock wheels they will rub on your sway bar when you make tight turns. You'll also probably have problems with rubbing in the wheel wells if you're doing any serious wheeling and flex the suspension a bit. You can either add a 1-1.5" body lift or get wheel spacers/aftermarket wheels with more offset to cure the issues though.

How much lift will I need for 33" inch tires on my TJ? I have a 2 inch body lift as it is.
To not rub you run a narrower 33 like a 10.50 or 9.50. Also, you could get away with a lower lift if you are not wheeling. I run 2.5in on an unlimited and 33X9.5 fit nice.

Will I need an immediate regear if I do this or no? And how much would I be looking at for one? Also, do y'all think I should go 4.88 or 4.56 if I regear?

Tire size x .12 will give you an apporx ratio that will get you close to stock. I would go 4.56 with 33.

Go with 4.88 gears, the 2.5L engine needs that low of gearing and even lower. That's as low as you can go in the stock axles.

Not to mention regearing from 4.10 to 4.56 isn't enough of a change to justify the trouble and expense, just a waste of time and money.

Will I need an immediate regear though? Or will it still be drivable? Am I looking at about $800 for a regear? Could I do it with an experienced mechanic?

Drive it. See how it is. Fifth gear will probably be useless. I would start there. Ya i do all my diffs im a chrysler tech for 7 years. Just have to take time that bearing pre load is set up and the backlash and pattern are good. Have service manual and spend a little extra for a quality gearset. That way your old shims etc will slmost be bang on.

Well up here a good gearset is around 200 for a dana 30 and 35 or about 400 for the 8.25. And a bearing kit is about 80 per diff. For timken bearings seals and crush sleeve.

Back