How Much Lift on TJ

ATHiker

I have a 2000 TJ Sport, I am looking to get 31" tires for it. How much lift would be needed to clear Thanks

None dude, check my Jeep site. I have an 03' with no lift and 31 m/t's on there on the Paragon Pages. The 04 mod page shows the same tire with a lift on it.

Lady

Yeah, you don't need a lift to clear 31's, but a small lift (2" maybe) wouldn't hurt and will give you some room for flex when the swaybar is disconnected.

I have a 2000 Sahara and with stock alloys and 31s my front tires rubbed at full lock. I bought new rims with more offset so they don't rub anymore. I also installed a 2" coil spring lift after.
Derrel

Tach

for about a hundred bucks... you could easily install the coil spacer lift.... can be done in about 2 hours

I would go with coil spacers, and through some 32's on there! except for the budget lift ($200) the tires will cost about the same!

1985 CJ-7 For sell

Hey, welcome to the board. I figured I'd chime in as well as I just put 31s on my 04 TJ. I have the factory 15x8 wheels and don't experience any of the problems at full lock that derrelw did. I got the Goodyear MT/Rs. :D

Oh and just a point of interest. My speedometer is more accurate now with the larger tires than with the stock 30s according to my GPS.

Have fun with your Jeep.

you only think that LOL I did it and found out the hard way that I was 8 mph over what I thought I was. I had cruise set at 70 and clocked at 78 UGH that was my Christmas presant from South GA Sherrifs Office.

go with the 2" either way .. gives it a lot better stance if you throw in some rims with the right offset .. cant beat the mickey thompsons for about $100 a piece

Back