How do ya clean an engine???

Jeepster05

my engine is coated in a layer of mud and it won't come off. I haven't pressure washed it but i don't think it'd help. i spray it down every time i go wheeling. what do yall do to get it clean. [addsig]

I wouldnt try pressure washing it with really hard pressure it may force water into areas that don't like water. I usually use simple green, or a product called Engine bright which seems to take anything off of the engine or surrounding areas.

pinaplebob[addsig]

Try Castrol Super Clean. It works great. Then use the spray can of Armorall Tire foam.
Shines her up just like new, plus it helps to keep mud from sticking to start with. :roll: [addsig]

I use this super cheap engine degreaser called GUNK, spray on, let sit for a couple, spray off! cleaner than any hondas engine bay hehe!

Johnny[addsig]

a box of tide and a good fast river should do the trick, and it will be fun doing it too.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OlllllO :cool: [addsig]

Ah I see pinaplebob mentioned Simple Green. I know a guy who says if Simple Green can't clean it.....it don't need to be cleaned :lol:

It is good stuff but I've never tried to clean an engine with it[addsig]

i'd be scared to clean my engine, with all that oil caked onto the sides, who knows what would start leaking if i chiseled it off! :) lol[addsig]

How do you kill a Pink Elephant? with a Pink Elephnat Gun of corse! hehehehe So a good Engin Cleaner and just follow the directions on the can would be a good start. Not being smart just had not been able to tell my elephant joke in a lot of years. Tug :-D [addsig]

LOL Try not to get the Simple Green on the paint. My Dad decided to wash my Mom's car with that and it has had a matte finnish ever since LOL :-D :lol: [addsig]

Simple Green works well, soak it in a solution (mixed with water) for awhile. I sometimes spray the engine bay and under carriage with bio-degradable chain saw oil. Works good for cleanup, but the overspray on the exhaust, makes the old Jeep smell like a giant french fry.[addsig]

Back