honest decals...

BostonJeep

image-missing.png

all too true...

any 4 cylinder is a low output... unless we're talkin diesel... then you still have the torque

That's damn funny, and yes true. :lol:

But as you know they do just fine in the real world. Toyota, Nissan, and even our Jeeps can flat go almost anywhere with a 4 banger. Hell I wouldn't own a V6 Toy or Nissan. I am however a big fan of the Jeep six, but it has been proven for decades. I have 4x4'd with the 4 bangers and you'd never know it until they told you or you heard them.

Gotta love the Biggest d#ck syndrom we live by eh??

boston i love your decal, do you have that on your 4 banger. We should be proud of our engines...i say we started a 4 banger club to show just how proud we are

I love the Iron duke 4 Banger on the trails it is a great little motor that can. tug

Well dont be bashing the 2.5 yet. I had one along on the Golden Bar Rim trail and onto the Golden Spike, a 4+ rated trail. He had ARB's front and rear and did just fine. After 46 miles in 9 + hours I was at 5/8's of a tank when he was nearly only 7/8's. We did the same trail and same obstacles.
I admit I climbed most easier than he did and didnt have to take any twice ( he did on two or three if I remember). But the 2.5L is a proven motor and is just the right size for a Jeep, coupled with the 5 speed transmission it is most capable to handle 4+ trail's. I have heard 200K miles on these motors and still there running strong. And in todays rising cost of gas prices a 4 banger is a worthy investment.

All this said by a proud owner of the 4.0L siz shooter.

But as far as it goes....its not the motor or the bolt on equipment...it's the driver behind the wheel.

no matter what... the motor is not very powerful at all, and is nothing special... but i guess just about any motor will work if geared right... so it does a fine job doing what it does, ince the tires are spinning, the numbers don't matter anymore

Back