Home page keeps changing to the same site

bryanjeep

Even after I go to TOOLS...Internet Options....and do it that way. The next time I turn the computer on, the homepage changes. What else can I do to get this stupid fake home page off my computer. Is it a virus?

Spyware... Spybot, Zone Alarm. If it gets real bad a full restore might be your best option... Usually From bootleggin Music.. Kazaa Is the worst for it....

That happened to me..i noticed an "isearch" bar located under the URL bar...It was no picnic to get off.

Easily fixed

:::WARNING:::
This is a Regisrty Hack and could be fatal if done incorrectly.

Start, Run
regedit (type in command and hit enter or click run)
HKEY_CURRENT_USER, Software, Microsoft, Internet Explorer, Main

Select main and look to the right Window of the screen. At that point you can edit the "Home page" and correct what you are having problems with.

Also, check the other entried for anything that matches the home page that you are having problems with and remove them.

:::WARNING::: This IS a registry hack and can be fatal to your machine.

there are other registry entries that will lead to that entry being edited though... changing that entry is just like changing it in the settings... there is definitely spyware on the computer that is causing that to happen. spybot is really good for removing that

Back