hey everyone

87jeepwrangler

hey everyone ill be on here alot im new to this site but not jeeps im 19 yes im young but ive been around jeeps my whole life i know haha my first jeep was a 56 jeeps willys pick up me and my dad worked on that thing forever it have a custom built leaf spring lift no blocks lol there were some kind of tracktor tires on it ill post a pick when i can find one but it was fun till irs took it from him for not paying taxes thats what happens when u get divorced lol but anyways i just got a jeep its a 87 jeep wrangler it has a 4 inch lift and i think 33's on it i have one problem if anyone can help me out with it my step dad say that the throw out bearing is bad on it and its making a weird sound im not there with the jeep its in west virginia im getting it in a week what would be one way to figure out if it is that bearing if u know please tell me i need some help thanks if u need to know anything just ask

Welcome to Jeepz.. You Might want to post this question on the YJ,CJ,Tj forum to get the most response. to give you an idea, The Throw out bearing will change it's noise frequency when the Clutch is engaged and disengaged. it's like a grinding noise. in most cases the noise is evident when the clutch is Disengaged.

thanks i already did post it on the my dad say when he puts the clutch in its fine when he lets it out he says the noise starts

if the throw out bearing is bad or going bad it will make it hard to put in gear and like steal said make different noise's. good luck and welcome to the Z!

Noise evident with Clutch disengaged, i would have to say that the T.out Bearing is worn out. in some cases,the pilot bearing may also make a noise. which ever the case maybe, My suggestion is Replace the Clutch plate, Pressure plate, Throw out Bearing and the Pilot Bearing. Check your Flywheel for heat spots or minute cracks. Have it Machined if nescessary. after all thats said and done, This part of the Jeep will give you the least worry's down the road for awhile.

Welcome to Jeepz! I hate to be "that guy" (not really) but a little punctuation would really help us old farts to read your posts. Thanks.

Back