Hey Bounty

It's done, and I've already had to do some long hard pulls that tested the mount. It didn't even flinch, very strong. I need to take it off and paint it, but we're wheelin Sunday and it's very wet, going to be a lot of winching. Just put the hand throttle in tonight
image-missing.png

Hopefully I'll be able to disassemble everything after Sunday and get a good coat of Rustoleum on it, then some rattle-can bedliner that I did my rocker skids with.

The mount is easy to make, just need two pieces of 1/4" steel 7"x33". Even less if you're not using the Warn M8274.

Here's a pic of me using the winch to pull a buddy up a huge hill. His rear axle broke trying to climb a ledge in front of him and to the left. It's a double ledge, each one about 3' tall, and steep. I made it up it last winter in the snow, but couldn't last Sunday, it sent me packin'
image-missing.png
My buddy tried it and SNAP, we knew it was his axle. Tried to fix it on the obstacle, we had spare shafts, but the lunchbox locker let go too. Back on went the broken axle shaft, brake drum, and wheel, and the e-brake held the axle in until it could be winched to the top and onto a trailer. I had to pull him up with his rear wheels locked up
image-missing.png

image-missing.png
[addsig]

Back