Help!

Well, I unplugged the horn fuse which is also connected with my anti lock brakes and smashed into someone.

Sounds like you were following too close! Anti-locks aren't going to rescue you from that, even if they're working properly. Sorry to hear that - that sucks! But what can I say...........Give 'em room!!

Anti locks only prevent the tires from skidding under hard brake conditions and even if the horn and antilock fuse were the same, which I strongly doubt but have seen worse, it would not effect normal braking.

Please be careful when messing with your airbag equipped steering wheel! Especially if you are prying with a sharp object like a screw driver.
That reminds me of final destination 2. Anyone know what i'm talking about??

eat_sleep_jeep said:
Please be careful when messing with your airbag equipped steering wheel! Especially if you are prying with a sharp object like a screw driver.
That reminds me of final destination 2. Anyone know what i'm talking about??

That's exactly what I was thinking when I posted that. Yikes! :shock:

Why mess with the steering wheel or fuses? Just look for the actual horn under the hood. It looks like a black plastic snail and should have easy to unplug wires connected to it. Just make sure to put a piece of tape ove the end of the connectors that you unplug so they do not ground out and pop fuses in the future.

So how bad is your Jeep? hope everything works out alright.

At least your horn isn't honking non-stop!!

Given your new found mechanical tips, just be sure not to confuse the two when you're working on a person. I don't think you'll want to use a screwdriver to pry an organ out.

And if a person starts yelling continuously, they probably need more than a good trying off. And you might scare the other doctors if you recommend pulling a fuse as the solution.

:D

HEY! I'm a good med student! HAHA I wasn't following too closely. It was raining and I skidded-(is that a word) into the person. My brakes locked up.:( Will find out tomorrow how much it will cost.

HEY! I'm a good med student! HAHA I wasn't following too closely. It was raining and I skidded-(is that a word) into the person. My brakes locked up.

Bummer, unfortunatley the way the police look at it, if you hit someone from behind, they consider that following too close for road conditons

Hope your insurance does not sky rocket, I was towing a boat 7 years ago and had to stop fast and ran into this couple, I knew I was in trouble when they both got out holding their necks and rolling around in the grass.
Less than $500 damage to their car, no damage to mine and it cost my insurance company 10K to settle.......nice.

ya, I was rearended about a year ago and had some injuries (not TOO serious though) and the other persons insurance company called me about 3 weeks later and said that they were really sorry and would like to just settle at $7000. AND, this was after they payed to fix my truck and the hospitol/doctor bill !!!

I had ABS on my '98 S-10.....worked great on dry pavement (where I didn't really need it), but wet roads, gravel, grass, dirt, etc.....FORGET IT!!! Another great "improvement" to the American automobile.

Back