Help w/Rubicon rocker guards

Dac25

I have in my possession a set of Rubicon rocker guards and would love to have them on my X model. Unfortunately the only hardware that I have for this are the screws that go into the body panel. I do not have any frame inserts.
Any suggestion as to what I can do? I've been told by one shop to just weld them on, but I'm not too sure about that.
Another shop that I contacted wants to charge upwards of $90 to install.

Frame inserts?, the only Rubicon Rocker Guards that i know of bolts up to the body, not the frame. there is a separate hardware kit you can get to install that on a Non Rubicon. i think it's around $15.00 to $20.00..

Frame inserts are what I was told I needed (whatever they Are), but I'll look around for the kit you've mentioned. Thanks.

Are they the rocker guards or side steps? I put a set of side steps on my wife's tj and I needed the nut inserts for the frame but they were very expensive so I just welded the steps on. They work great.

those rockers are good, but not great. But your in luck.... I did the same exact swap on my BFF's (always wanted to type that) 02 X.. we just drilled out the holes and used stainless hardware. for the most foward bolt, you can;t get to the back side so we (and now we're getting a littl ghetto) took a bolt and cut it down to be about 1/2 inch long, and then we took some two part epoxy and slapped it all ver the threads and then stuck it into the hole and used some duct tape to let it dry. then just behind it, as close to the 1/2 bolt as we could get but still have access to the rear, we drilled new hole and put an actual bolt to act as a physical retainer. We did this back in 04 when the jeep was still pretty new, knowing me and my friend, if we did it on an older jeep, we would have just cut the inside support out and bolted it through.

Like I said, the rubi guards are good, but not great. I tihnk Brian got 2 or 3 seasons out of them and ended up swapping to poison spyder rockers and we interegrated the crusher corners into it. they will take one or two good hits, but beyond that they start to bend.

I've got the hardware that is supposed to go directly into the guard (the stainless idea sounds better though). what I don't have is anything to attach them from the bottom. I currently have side steps on too and they'll be coming off asap.

Here's a pic of what I'm refering too. Rocker Panel1.jpg

Back