Help spending money!!!

ndnatty

Re: better ride?

On my jeep that is, not yours! :) I just got my credit card company to credit me for the money Bulletproof didn't want to give back to me. Now I have some money to spend on my jeep. I still need bumpers so any suggestions on a good front and rear bumper with the swingout tire carrier?? I have no equipment or skill to make my own unfortunately. In addition I have about $1500 coming to me first of June I am itching to spend now. My 79 cj-7 tends to lean to the drivers side (when I'm not in it!) so looks like I need new springs?? Or rearch the ones I have? It also needs an exhaust system. I jimmy rigged one when i bought it with flex pipe and now it's cut near the hangers. Maybe just patch it for now?? The 304 doesn't cool all that great so thought about how to improve this too. A fan, or new radiator?? One of the maintenance folks where I live said he thought the engine was missing, so I'm thinking new distributor?? And finally, well at least for now, I have been wanting to get a winch. Warn M8000? Or maybe the Magnum 9000 with roller fairlead?? But I can't afford it all! Need help on making up my mind! And I know how fun it is to spend someone elses money!

Build your own bumpers. For that money you can buy a really good welder and take a class at the local adult ed place. Then you can learn to build anything else you want. I would get complete lift kit. Your shocks are probably shot too. Plugs, cap roter, wires, fuel filter, new Motorcraft 2150 or weber should take care of the miss. You should be able to get a new duel exhaust run pretty cheep.

I wish I had the time avyoung. Someday I will though. Thanks for the ideas. My 304 has new plugs, cap and rotor, wires, fuel filter, coil, starter, starter solenoid, fuel pump, fuel lines, optima battery, shocks and new edelbrock intake with a matching eldelbrock performer 4bbl carb, and new set of hedman headers. Whew! Actually have spend quite a bit over the past 5 years I've had it trying to get it back into shape. There's always something though.

Steel Horse steps for jeep

Fuel Injection.......

Back