Help Rescue A Dog - Donations Needed Please!

Not yet. They told me to come back next week after Memorial Day. There is a lot of activities going on over here because of that and they're pretty busy. I don't think we'll have a problem though.

i love dogs and have friends overseas ... i know it sounds cheap but throw me down for 5 bucks tell me when and where to send it incase i skipped it before ... and i'll tell my fam all about it...i've got 4 dogs all strays or spawns of strays , a turtle i rescued from a lake, a double digit number of cats , a few dogs that i feed out front ... and any thing i see that looks like it need some help ... ends up in my driveway :lol:

Last edited:

lethaldose said:
... and any thing i see that looks like it need some help ... ends up in my driveway :lol:

So, that's where Congress went!!!:purple:

Just wanted to give you all an update. We're still working on getting Oreo to the kennel. Unfortunately, he hasn't been showing himself lately. I think it may have something to do with the fact that it pretty much stays above 100 degrees now, night or day! I got some shampoo and flea/tick spray to put on him, but he just won't come around. Maybe he heard he was gettin a bath and split!

Thanks again for all your help! Have a great weekend.....I'd be wheeling and bbq'ing if I was home so ya'll better do the same!

J

I think I'm going to cancel the quest to save Oreo. It's been almost a week since he's been seen. I appreciate everyones donations and will be sending you your money back right away. This is something that I really wanted to do and it gave me a lot of pleasure for a few days, but if the dog is gone there's nothing I can do about it now. I hope you all understand that this was not a scheme for me to get money from you and that I really was trying to rescue a dog and and I really hope there is no hard feelings.

I am, however, not going to let this stop me from trying to do more stuff like this when I get home. One of my hopes has been to become a foster family for stray animals. Our shelters are always overcrowded and to help with this they have volunteer families who house animals until they're adopted.

Thank you all so much for wanting to help! It definetly says a lot about the kind of good people we have here and I'm glad to call you all my friends.

Jeremy

jumppr said:
I think I'm going to cancel the quest to save Oreo. It's been almost a week since he's been seen. I appreciate everyones donations and will be sending you your money back right away. This is something that I really wanted to do and it gave me a lot of pleasure for a few days, but if the dog is gone there's nothing I can do about it now. I hope you all understand that this was not a scheme for me to get money from you and that I really was trying to rescue a dog and and I really hope there is no hard feelings.

I am, however, not going to let this stop me from trying to do more stuff like this when I get home. One of my hopes has been to become a foster family for stray animals. Our shelters are always overcrowded and to help with this they have volunteer families who house animals until they're adopted.

Thank you all so much for wanting to help! It definetly says a lot about the kind of good people we have here and I'm glad to call you all my friends.

Jeremy
OH NO!! I'd wait for a sec just to see if he comes around.

Woah, slow down there bud!! Just give him a week or two. Like Surrey-Boy and TC said, no big hurry. Besides, I told yer Missus to keep the money and donate it to another charity or use it to take you to dinner when you get back.....either way, I've written off my donation already, so don't worry about sending it back!!

Thanks guys! I'll be on the look-out for him, but I just wanted to let you know that it's possible this might not happen now. If he comes back I'll get him to the kennel and then start the collection again. He had a another dog that ran around with him and neither have been seen for a week.

Nope...I look for him every day. The guards haven't seen him since before last week now. :( My fingers are still crossed though. Our airield is located right on the edge of the camp so it would be easy for him to get in/out again. I think he might belong to one of the sheep/camel herders on the outside. These guys just walk around the countryside with there herds and dogs all the time.

Back