Hello all!

AzBill

Looking to buy my first Jeep. I live in Queen Creek Arizona. Love to hike and spend a good amount of time in Sedona. I’ve always wanted a jeep and am looking to buy my first one. I’ve decided on a Rubicon for sure. Now just weighing the options. I love creature comforts so am considering electric version. In addition, I like the idea of the slider top for easy outdoor exposure. I will never attempt extreme off roading but will for sure love to go in moderate trails all over the country. Love to get to know yall and get some advice on my first purchase. Cheers. Bill in Az

Check out the weight of tge E-Jeeps. I've heard reports that they are heavy and as such have struggles in sand and mud. If that is not an issue for you, great.

Rubicons are pretty capable and a great way to go for most Jeepers.

See you on the trail! And welcome! Post picks when you brung it home!!

the newest model, the jl, is very very nice compared to past jeeps. the interior is so much more refined than even the jk model. and the 2.0 with e-torque is awesome. my wife has the jl unlimited (jlu) which is the 4 door and its a 2019 model with the 2.0 turbo motor and e-torque (has a small generator that looks like a supercharger on the front instead of an alternator) and the jeep is years ahead of any other wrangler we have ever owned.

that motor gets way better gas mileage too. the best we have gotten with this 2.0 is 27mpg highway and regularly get 19/20mpg in town. we normally get 23mpg though (winds and highway speeds are high in texas).

its very fun to drive too. i guy in tundra tried to hotrod from the light to cut me off on the on-ramp and it didn't go well for him. this little 2.0 messed him up and he eventually just hit the brakes and got behind me.

if you are looking at a two door wrangler, its probably even better to have the 2.0

Howdy Bill! Welcome to the forum from another AZ Jeep lover! Sounds like you have a solid plan. I went with a 2-door Rubicon and love it, but those sliders on the 4-door are sweet. Plenty of good trails around here to test it out. What color you thinking?

Hey Bill! awesome that you’re looking to buy your firstJeep! the Rubicon is a great choice especially since you plan on spending time on trails. If comfort is important to you the electric model is a solid option. The slider top will also work great for your outings. Consider addtional options like an upraded audio system or navigation.Good luck with your purchase! btw Sedona is amazing! while hitting those trails, make sure to bring plenty of water and a camera. Every Jep is an adveture so enjoy the ride and exploring!:)

Back