Heck of a noise

COJeeper

Hello everybody,
I recently aquired a weird noise under my 04 TJ. It is when I'm driving not when I hit bumps or turn, it is when i am just crusin down the road:???:. It sounds like metal on metal? Last week I jacked up the rear and went through all the gears up to about 50mph and no noise. I have let the motor warm up and taken the rpm up to about 3500 and no noise. Like I said it happens on a smooth road and sounds like metal noise not a rattle. I checked the cat and dosent seem to be bad. Any ideas would be awsome cause I'm out of ideas.

Could it possibly be something in the front end? You jacked up the back and there's no noise, but maybe it something in the front...

Could it possibly be something in the front end? You jacked up the back and there's no noise, but maybe it something in the front...

Not sure only have one jack so I just checked the rear cause I was thinking maybe clutch? I 'm not shure if it could be that. I'm thinking I might just have to take it in. This is frustrating cause usually I do my own stuff:roll:. I could not find anything loose so maybe transfer case or drive shaft?

I have a very similar noise. But only sometimes. Just upon start up. Usally when to go to back out of the drive way. And pull down the road. Then it goes away!!! It's a god awefull screeching and grinding sound. Then it goes away. It sounds like it comes from the middle front area... but I'm not sure!!

Sent from my iPod touch using Jeepz

Back