hard doors

antsinmypants

4wd shudder

Right now i have the half doors, but i am planning on getting some hard doors and a hard top for next winter. The thing is I really like the clean cut look of the half doors. but i'm not soooo crazy about the full door look anymore - do you think it would be stupid if i were to get the top half of the hard doors painted black? there is the line that you can follow already but i dont know if it would look stupid or not... anythoughts??

Hmm... Are you talking black door tops with black Jeep top to give the illusion of matching cloth half-door tops? I think that would look pretty cool, actually... It's your preference, my suggestion, hackneyed though it may sound, take some black masking tape, or some tape and construction paper, whatever floats your boat, and do up the top half of the door. Then look at it. From near and afar. If you hate it like that, you'll hate it painted...

Or take a picture of it and photoshop it, either way... That way you can get an idea of what it will look like so you don't have to un-paint it if you decide you don't like it.

yea i would assume it would look similar to the half doors i currently have which i love the look of (just so clean cut looking) i just thought it might look funny with the top off but then i would assume once i take the hard top off i would switch back to the half doors anyways :D besides it would be different and i like to be crazy
thanx buds

1985 XJ $500!

okies.. now that i know how to post pictures.. heres my amazing job - i used the basic paint application on any computer
image-missing.png

image-missing.png

the full door looks a little beefier and dude i love beef.. but the half black door is a little more origional and kinda different.. and i'm kind of an odd character (if you havnt noticed already)

I never was a fan of that on the CJ's. However, on the TJ, it gives it a pretty cool "Old School" look. In this case, I definately say do it.

-X

Love the idea, but when the top comes off, my doors come off too. I don't use any doors from May till sept.

RE: help me eyeball this ebay jeep!

I had a CJ7 that had the doors like that. It was a sticker on mine.....maybe you could find a reproduction sticker somewhere on the net. Phoenix Graphix makes some nice stripe kits, but I'm not sure they have those.

http://www.phoenixgraphix.com/

DO IT!!!! That looks really really good. Plus, like you said, it is different.

Gives it a lot cleaner look too.

Nice Jeep by the way!!

RE: Chev blower motor

Later CJ's, I think 79+ were like that, but not all were paint, most were vinyle, why not save some $$ and look for some hard Half tops, that are black.

Personally, I think that looks great! I don't really care for the look of full doors, either, and as others have said, my doors are only on about half the time in the warmer months, and the uppers are very rarely on during warm weather. DAng...too many lortabs tonite and I can't type. Took me about 15 minutes to get this typed and edit all the typos....

Try looking into getting the removeable hard upper half for your half doors. I know they will work with your soft top but most won't work with a hard top although I've heard there's a company out there somewhere that makes em to fit a hard top as well. Try looking around on the internet or call Gemini Jeeps in Langley. If you can find them to fit your hard top let me know because I'll be looking for some when I pick up my half doors sometime before summer.

Ok, I found out today that the Bestop upper half doors will work with a factory hard top. I called Gemini Jeeps in Langley and they want $1195. for the YJ ones. Don't know how much the TJ ones are. You can probably find them cheaper somewhere else if you are gonna go this route.

Sparky-Watts said:
$1195?!?!?!?!? Surely this is a typo.....
This is in Canadian dollars so take about 25% exchange off that and since the uppers are probably made in the states, they'll be even cheaper. Also, this guy isn't the cheapest around, I'm sure they'll be cheaper at some other local store. I'm guessing around $700 US.

Back