Guess that axle....

Replacing the Distributor

aww c'mon thats not fair.... lets see some from the other side... i think its a 35 but that would be too obvious..... lets have the answer

well. Jeep . looks oem ? rear sway . TJ . Why would you snap a pic of a 35? So it must be a 44 in a rubi ?

exhaust questions

It's a 44 but not from a Rubi, maybe? I also have a weird feeling it's a 9inch but I seriously doubt it.

I'll give you a hint, it's either a 44 or a 35.

The pumpkin looks long depth-wise so, 44. But I can't figure the vehicle... a Grand Cherokee maybe? Coils in the back.

I say it id a dana 44, cause if you look at the rim, it is a canyon rim which is more than likely a 98+ sahara or sport w/ 30" wheel package, so I am going to guess that it is a D44
If I could see the pumpkin, then I would be 100% sure.

It is not a 8.8 cause there would be a adapter on the pinion yoke, and not a 9" cause it would have a 3rd member. It is definatly not a rubi, cause it would have a goodyear MT/R and not a wrangler GSA tire.

Well, we wont know till friday when we pick up the jeep, its a stock TJ sport but the seller dosnt know axles from rutabeggas and these are all the pics we have. Jeep is out of state, owner is out of town so no more pictures.

Definitely a TJ.. because of the rounded looking bottom.. i'll go with a 35... but certainly not lookin like MY 35

the 44 usually has a pointy bottom on the differential.. and is a straighter line from where the tubes meet the housing.... more polygonal shaped

far_right said:
the one thing that would make me think its a 44 is b/c its a sport model
But it was only an option on Sports, not standard equipment.

any axle can be built with any kind of brakes... but... that seems to be a stock axle... does the TJ44 only come with disc?

Back