Grand Cherokee mileage change

laserbeam

I've been having a ton of trouble with this site, every time I try to log in I have to re set my password, never fails, I never know which one is going to work, or if they will work at all. I just created a new account with a new email address, I only hope this one keeps working.

I posted a topic under the Cherokee category regarding the odometer. I did nothing to mine, yet when I got in the car the yesterday it was showing 140,000 kilometers. I have no trip button that I can push so how did this change. I bought the car this past August with 86,382 miles on it. I do not do that much driving. Maybe 15 miles a week. I had an 89 Pontiac Firebird for 25 years with 46,000 original miles so that tells you I really don't drive it that much so it I put on 500 miles maybe 600 at the most it should be showing 86,900 at the most give or take a few. Why did it change, I did nothing, and how do I get it back I don't like kilometers.

My previous post was not answered yet, sorry for posting again but like I said I'm really frustrated with this site and having always to reset my password.

Re: contact an administrator

hello laserbeam
If you have any problems with logging in, you can always email webmaster at jeepz.
As to your question, 140000 km = 86,991 miles. Is it possible that your Jeep just switched from miles to kilometers at some point?

What year is your Cherokee?

Re: contact an administrator

It's a 2005 JGC Laredo, that has absolutely the bare essentials. I don't even think it has a trip indicator button, a very basic jeep.

I looked through the manual, and it says that you set this through the overhead console

Owners Manual said:
Capture.PNG

The EVIC control switches are used to operate the dif-ferent functions of the EVIC system. Pressing and releasing the MENU button (4) will change the mode displayed to one of the Personal Settings. The STEP button (3) is used to make a selection from the Per-sonal Setting displayed at that time. Pressing and releasing the C/T (compass/thermometer) button (1) will cause the EVIC to return to the compass/ther-mometer/trip computer display mode from any other mode. From the compass/thermometer/trip computer display mode the STEP button (3) is used to scroll through and make selections in the Trip Functions. Pressing and releasing the RESET button (2) resets the trip computer screen displayed at that time.

PERSONAL SETTINGS MODE (CUSTOMER PROGRAMMABLE FEATURES)
Allows the driver to set and recall features when the transmission is in Park by pressing and releasing the MENU
button until Personal Settings is displayed in the EVIC. The following personal settings can be set and recalled by
pressing the STEP button:
² Language: English, Spanish, German, Italian or French
² Display units in English or Metric
² Lock doors automatically at 15 mph (24 Kph), On or Off
² Unlock door automatically on exit, On or Off
² Remote Keyless Entry unlock driver door on first press or unlock all doors on first press
² Recall Memory with Remote Keyless Entry Unlock, On or Off
² Sound horn with Remote Keyless Entry Lock, On or Off
² Flash lights with Remote Keyless Entry Lock, On or Off
² Delay turning headlamps off for 0, 30, 60 or 90 seconds
² Illuminated approach on for 0, 30, 60 or 90 seconds
² Auto headlamp low/high beam, low beam or low/high beam
² Headlamps on with wipers, On or Off
² Rain Sensing Intermittent Wipers, On or Off

Thank you so much, I found the buttons mentioned above, they were under the cd player and I not only got the mileage changed I found the interior lights, never had any and could not find out how to work them. Downloaded a manual and started reading. thanks much.

Back