got a HiLift Jack, dont know how to use it

Greencuke

so i just got this jack, and i cant seem to figure it out. if lifts up just fine, but when it comes to lowering it, im lost. the way i understood the directions (yes, i do read them from time to time) once i moved the lever deal to the down poistion, i should be able to jack the load down. It seems that once i move the lever down, sometimes (twice so far) the jack just drops the load. If i use a screwdriver and manualy move the lifting pins, i can lower the jack step by step. this is obviously not the way its intended to be done, and untill i figure out what im doing, the jack is pretty worthless. can anyone help me out of the dark?
Reggie[addsig]

It sounds like you need to get some lube on thoes pins. When they are new they often have that problem. Also if you are just working the jack with out a load on they will just fall. Try putting it under you Jeep and get some weight on it. Obviously I wouldn't get it too far off the ground, but I think that is should work for you then. Good luck and be carefull!

edited by: rockwrangler, May 15, 2003 - 05:59 AM[addsig]

With a load on the jack, you first drop the lowering lever to lower the load. Then push down on the handle as if you were raising the load, then slowly raise the handle and the Jeep will lower. Make sure the pins are plenty lubed.[addsig]

I just bought a HiLift Jack today for $15.00, What a deal I am excited now to mount that sucker! Loading them up with a bit of weight does make a big diffenece. Tug[addsig]

Awsome deal! Do they have any more? I have a 48" and its just about too short. I need to find a 60"[addsig]

I am the Lucky Man. Being in the Auction Business does have it's advantages. This one came into the Auction House today to be sold and I just ask the sell what do you want for this I need one. He said for you $15.00, You know the rest of the story. will keep an eye out for another and let you guys know. Tug[addsig]

what should i do to lube it up? grease? machine oil? come on people, talk to me like im 5!
reggie[addsig]

sometimes, they don't work unless you're offroad... it knows it is for a jeep... these things work like that, can't figure it out[addsig]

Greencuke,

This is real important (and for anyone else for that matter!) When you using your hi-Lift, While lowering a load NEVER REMOVE YOUR HANDS FROM THE HANDLE!
While lowering a load, the jack handle will come up and if you let loose of it, your load will come down quickly, and the jack handle will flop up & down with force and potientially harm you or others should you attempt to grab it! I've seen it happen. Fortunatly the vehicle was not far off the ground when the jack "let go" was not pretty!
So, please, maintain control of the handle untill the load is safely lowered!

:) [addsig]

After much thought I have figured out that this is one of them things you but in hopes that you never need it! :p tug[addsig]

Man you are one lucky dude.. I got mine but paid $60 bucks for the thing... I haven't had to use it yet but I have faith I will...

OlllllO :cool: [addsig]

Back