Getting ready for my first Lift! Have Questions

Botz 13

Hey fellow Jeepz.com members. I am ready to build a semi monster jeep and I need some advice. I have a 99 TJ Sport 4.0. I wanna do a 4" lift with 33's cause I am not sure 35's can be tucked, but am not sure what company to choose or which kit is the one with everything I would need. Which is the best lift for the buck and where is the best site to go to obtain it and if there are any extras that I would need outside the kit what would they be? Thanks for your time.[addsig]

your right with the 4 inch a 33's....that will be enough room for some good flex...you could fit 35's but its better to have atleast 6 inches of lift for 35's (unless you are thinking of cutting out the fenders). the truth about the lifts are that the big names are pretty much the best...skyjacker, superlift, trail ready.....all are good but pretty costly. there are many different levels of lift in each company (ex. skyjacker's value flex vs. the rock ready sky king coilover lift)...it just depends on how hard your are going to push your jeepster and of course $$$$$$$!! any lift over 4 inches and you are gunna be spendin' some big bucks. you don't have to have an extended drive shaft and a slip yoke eliminator witha 4 inch lift.....i say that meaning its not mandatory, but you will be a lot better off if you get it. extreme off road usage will eventually lead to some problems with your drive shaft and transfer case if it really doesn't have a lot of room to play with.[addsig]

The pro comp lifts are not too bad for the money also the blackdiamond are both in the 400.00 range for a complete kit. I've had superlift,rancho,procomp,fabtech and parts from miscellanous kits its all in what you want to do and how much your wallet can stand.[addsig]

procomp lifts are VERY STIFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![addsig]

Back