Found Water.

jay89

I always use to get a puddle of water on the drivers side floor. I ordered Stainless windshield hinges for 88 YJ. As I was installing them the lower part of the hinge had rust lines from water. I found that the water was coming in through the lower part of the hinges screw holes. I used some silicone went through the car wash and son of a bitch no more water. All those years of living with it and it was so simple. Frickin Jeep![addsig]

lol...nice job on fixin the leak...however i find that the easy fixes are few and far between...hehe :evil: :evil: :evil: [addsig]

It was easy to find but the fix was not that easy. The 4 screw holes were so rusted out that the hole with the threads was so rusted they rusted out when I tried to get the screws out. So when I installed the new hinge I had no way to secure it. I bought 1/4 inch concrete anchors and stainles bolts to secure the hinge and new mirrors. Even the simple fixes are projects with these Frickin Jeeps[addsig]

your loving tone for the jeep warms my heart lol[addsig]

I love my Cherokee but it's true Jeep does make things very difficult to work on, it takes twice as long to do anything on them. Look at the bright side, if you can repair these then you can almost repair anything.........Bullet[addsig]

Frickin Jeep!
Never let the Jeep hear that or it will really give you some problems that you will have something to fix daily! Old saying "never cuss that fiddle son less you want that fiddle out of tune" lol Tug :-D [addsig]

Back