Forum Rules and Guidelines -- Why?

LJF I think you mean "My .02" and not "My 02.". The way you say would be $2. This might make someone think you believe your opinion is worth more then theirs when truly it's not. If you're not going to say it right, don't say it at all!

J/K!!!!! :lol:

CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?

_(OIIIIO)_Jeeper said:
88Wrangles said:
I definatly agree.

That is all I have to say.

You agree with Gadget...or ...you agree with the R&G like in your other post..... :wink: :D

I like the checkbox idea for when you sign up for the site.

I don't think that would be too much at all. Lots of sites and other places have things like that.

EDIT: Just Kidding 88! Trying to live'n up da joint!

haha, no I agree with Inspector Gadget.

I like that checkbox idea...simply because it's simple and wouldn't be as "offensive" as having these rules posted in every possible place to post them.

I guess I wasn't too clear on what I meant :D

I just don't think we should have these "rules" posted in this area. Only mention them when you first register for the site, and that should take care of any problems that arise (a mod can simply mention to them that they agreed to the rules when registering).

RE: Re: RE: Jeep History Site--great pics

Inspector-Gadget said:
Is it possible that you guys are fixing what ain't broke?
It is, but we have had issues in the past and having written rules makes it easier to tell somone they are out of line as Sparky indicated

Inspector-Gadget said:
We are all guests here. This board is private property. Our entry is entirely at the discretion of the board owner. There is no First Amendment protection; we do not here enjoy any guarantees of entry or freedom of speech in expressing our opinions.
Although it's really Terry's site, it is very much the member's board. That's the way I always felt here. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but I'd like to think I'm not.

So long as things are kept clean I don't recall anyone censoring here.

Inspector-Gadget said:
If someone acts up, correct him or her. If required, correct again. Third strike -- lower the boom: banish that person from Jeepz with concurrent exile to a ricer forum. That will teach em. It is the humane thing to do.
The R&G do not change that. That's how it has always been and why would it change?

Sorry for picking apart your thread I.G., but I really agree with the guidelines. I think it was written in a manner that reflects the attitude and theme of this forum and it is a good idea to let folks know this is not Pirate 4x4 before they start posting.

The thing that changed is the internet becoming so huge over the last several years. Many net forums are full of rudeness, ignorance, and profanity. It is much more needed these days to make a newcomer aware of this site's way of doing things.

Harry

Back