for your viewing pleasure - my offroading citation! LOL

dingus

image-missing.png

trespass by motor vehicle w/ severe turf damage - offroading in a water retention basin. had a wrangler AND a dakota hooked up to my rig but couldn't pull it out. had to walk home and call a towtruck but i was too late. fought ticket in court and won, had to pay landscaping bill of $450. blah.

Jeep wont Start

coool dude...that rocks. Illegal wheeling is awesome. OMFG and the rest of those citations totally rock.....you sir are a rebel.

seriously.....quit it, you are giving wheelers a bad name!

Why do you seem proud of these?

And yes, those who trespass give those of us who wheel legally a bad rap. And no wonder we can't get any state funding for offroad parks as so many view us as the 'tear it up' crowd.

To each their own, but you're showing off of the citations seems pretty juvenile.

93 in a 66 is a start. Here's Mine
image-missing.png

Yes Iam Proud of mine 110 in a 65
By Aircraft...

I'm proud to say i have none of them.....yet. Police should learn to write more clearly.

Frame that thing dingus!!!
I have yet to get any with my jeep, but I have gotten quite a few with my mustang.

LOL I agree this gives offroaders bad names but I have two of those citations myself. :shock: Mine were out of state too, North Carolina. What a dumb azz. I just kept saying "Im not from here honest, I didn't know the rules!". The police didn't backtrack to see if I'd made ruts and stuff though. I just got written warnings.

That really bites man. When I was young I had alot of speeding tickets and accidents but all that is cleared several years over now, thank god.

Lady

hey, guys, appreciate the flames and sarcasm. good to see this is a warm and inviting board huh? i haven't been by recently but i remember a much different croud before.

anyways, i'll ignore the sarcasm. i wanted to post this to show everyone how expensive it is to make mistakes. live and learn, hopefully someone will learn from my mistake.

Hey dude, I was serious about framing that... no sarcasm here I swear!

I keep all the tickets I get (the good ones that is) it's like you get to keep something after paying all that money, and you have a story to tell!

did u get that speeding ticket in your jeep? i wish my jeep did 93. then again i guess its better it doesnt, otherwise i'd be sharing some of my tickets on this post haha.

My worst (and most expensive) ticket was back in highschool when I got caught at 230 kms/hr in an 80 km zone (don't know what that is in miles). I was racing my friend down the highway. It was a 3 lane highway and the worst part about it is that I passed an unmarked police car going the same direction as me. The cop caught up to me a long way down the highway. He was actually laughing at me. He said and I quote "you sir are every cops wet dream. What kind of idiot would go 230 kms/hr in an 80 zone and pass a cop?" He thanked me because he said he was dying to open up his highway patrol car all day. He then asked me if I knew how fast I was going. I said "no, my speedometer was burried somewhere in my dashboard but I was definately going over 140". He was actually nice about the whole thing and gave me a very expensive excessive speed ticket. He said he understood what it was like to be young and like to race around. He admitted to illegally racing his own car when he was in highschool. Could have been worse, he could have towed my vehicle and given it an inspection....there was nothing street legal about that car.

Bounty__Hunter said:
Why do you seem proud of these?

And yes, those who trespass give those of us who wheel legally a bad rap. And no wonder we can't get any state funding for offroad parks as so many view us as the 'tear it up' crowd.

To each their own, but you're showing off of the citations seems pretty juvenile.

I agree... and bragging about it only makes it tougher for us to get legislation passed to open up more areas to legally wheel. In fact, if I were a moderator I'd remove this thread... It gives all off-roaders a bad name and shouldn't be what we advertise.

Dingus,

No one is trying to dump on you but when you post on a forum full of people into offroading that you are proud of tearing up someone's personal property you should expect to hear some disappointment.

It's hard enough to find good spots to go wheeling, and acting like that only makes it harder.

I don't think anyone's comments were out of line. I think you would have received similar responses whether this thread was started 2 years ago or 2 years from now.

dingus said:
hey, guys, appreciate the flames and sarcasm. good to see this is a warm and inviting board huh? i haven't been by recently but i remember a much different croud before.

anyways, i'll ignore the sarcasm. i wanted to post this to show everyone how expensive it is to make mistakes. live and learn, hopefully someone will learn from my mistake.

This board is very warm and inviting... We just don't appreciate when people post things like this because it looks bad for the rest of us. It's be like bragging about driving drunk.. nobody appreciates it.

Umm, maybe I missed something, but when did he say he was proud of what he did.

man, some people are pretty f***'n rude...

dingus said:

Ok, thought I'd throw in my two bits. Dingus, please don't dis' the board, even though a few of us dis'd you. This is a great bunch of folks. I noticed from your citation that you're 20 years old, which explains a lot. And from you're comments (live and learn from my mistakes) and your landscaping bill, I think you realize you screwed up. And I realize that it's getting harder and harder for us to find "legal" places to wheel. But, in your defense, it is a different world we live in today. If I'd have done something similar when I was 20, nobody would have batted an eye. When I was a child, I remember riding on the floorboard and in the back window of the car - let's see you try and get away with that today! If you were tearin' up somebody's yard or newly planted field, I could understand all the hoo haa.....but a retention pond????? Anyway, take it easy on the board and listen to what they say - there's a BROAD spectrum of folks on here - age, knowledge, experience, scruples, what not - and we're all in it together. Some of us have been there-done that and some of us are thinkin' about going there and doin' that, so just be careful how you present it. My two bits,

mud

If we are talking speed here. I have never gotten a ticket cause I dont drive but........ we did get going 155 in my dad's old audi.

no dude.....im sorry but dont take us for fools. the thread title was "for your viewing pleasure", and you have all of your "trophy's" posted on the internet. this thread was nothing more than bragging, dont back pedal. If I owned the property that you had done this on I would be pretty upset, as would most. I am far from perfect, but anything illegal that I have ever done I kept to myself.

Is that why everyone thinks he was bragging, because of the title?? That's pretty dam messed up.

Ya, I guess I would be pretty proud of having to pay $450 though....

Back