first truck

Being that I am fresh out of high school and now in my first year of college, I, to this day, do not talk like this "new generation." This is not directed towards the original poster or anybody here. I sure hope this world doesn't come to talk like uneducated thugs. If you notice, it is really starting to ruin the quality of life America is supposed to withhold.

I live in New Orleans, and latley (as I get older) I have been paying more and more attention to how people present themselves. The quality of life has gone down here because of this "new generation." I hate how you drive down the street and see these want-to-be gangsters wearing their baggy clothes, gang symbols burned onto their arms, and pants that dont even stay on their hips (probally due to the fact that the pants are 10 sizes bigger and all the weed they have in the pockets). :? Where did quality go? I really wish the quality of life would get better and strive away from this "new generation."

Another thing is, why can't people use proper English or anything somewhat close to it? Oh I forgot, the "new generation" thinks this is cool and hip. When in all actuallity it is a disgrace. It is hard to respect anybody who can't speak somewhat intelligent.

By the way, what is a wodey? I guess we didn't learn that in school.

Hopefully you guys can see my point and I know some will agree and disagree. Let's not let these topics ruin our fun here on Jeepz.com

thanks,
Bryan

Shizzle my Nizzle, why ya'll tryin to disrespect a brotha like dat. Don't make homey call up his peeps and ride down bustin some caps.
...Whatever.
It's a good thing all those gangsta's can't shoot or hold their guns straight. They might be a little more dangerous.
As for buying a Jeep. You can spend as much as you want when you get ready to buy one. You can score a non-running one for pretty cheap or you can buy one that is already built and save yourself some time.
We have Truck Trader magazines at the gas stations (as I'm sure most of you do) that are full of Jeeps every month. The best way to score a project Jeep is to take a drive and look in people's back yards as you drive by. Walk up to the house and ask them what they want for it. I would suggest not wearing baggy pants and 205 Jerseys when you do.
Good Luck.

uneducated thugs
The way folks type on a computer doesn't mean they are thugs or gangsters. These are the folks that will be your technical support, network engineers, Hardware engineers and Security (those that help you stay away from viruses).

I hate how you drive down the street and see these want-to-be gangsters wearing their baggy clothes, gang symbols burned onto their arms, and pants that dont even stay on their hips (probally due to the fact that the pants are 10 sizes bigger and all the weed they have in the pockets).
Not everyon in the "New Generation" do this. I remember aobut 10 years ago if you had an ear-ring most people thought you were a homo. and thinking back farther "Hippies" they were shunned also for their beliefs and drug use. However, if that hadn't happened (Baby boom) a lot of us wouldn't be around these days.

Another thing is, why can't people use proper English or anything somewhat close to it? Oh I forgot, the "new generation" thinks this is cool and hip. When in all actuallity it is a disgrace. It is hard to respect anybody who can't speak somewhat intelligent.

Who says this kid can't speak intelligently or any of them for that matter. He isn't speaking here, he is posting on a website and really doesn't deserve to have us try to chap his ass for using "Phonetics" to spell his words on a board.

Being for NO LA you can read it as "Cajun" ;-) that is how a lot of folks there speak anyway right? ;) If you read this stuff out loud it is very easy to understand.

Hopefully you guys can see my point and I know some will agree and disagree.
I see your point, but to automatically judge anyone because they speak a different way is a little "hollier than thou" no? If I am ever in a Hiring situation, should I turn a very intelligent person just because they don't have a southern Dialect? And it is a dialect NOT and accent but do I judge the whole population that says I have ha southern "accent" Nah, but sometimes I will correct them. :shock:

Let's not let these topics ruin our fun here on Jeepz.com

Has to be something more than a discussion about accents and dialects to cause us to not have fun around here.

I am missing the point on this "phoenetic" spelling thing you have going. Teachers spend years to teach a student proper grammar just to be overrun by this crap. It is ebonics for the computer world.
Why can't they just type the whole word out like it is supposed to be read. Is the new generation that much more lazy?
Maybe you are teaching them some kind of shorthand. Well they already have that...it's for court reporters.

the point is, there are no 2 people alike and there is no reason to hassle anyone for the way they type, speak, spell or wear their clothes. These kids still know how to use proper english but if they wish to shorten it up on IM or message boards then so be it. Does it make you feel unsafe, unwanted or out of place? No, then why give him a hard time. He came here to ask questions about Jeeps, who cares HOW he asks it?

The thing I don't get is using symbols for letters. It takes more key strokes to but a @ For an A. I am not the best speller and since Jeepz does not have spell check I am a little lost but I just can't get the symbols.

Like I said before, this was not directed to the new guy and not even directed towards ANYBODY here. I just wanted to point out the fact that society is becoming too lazy and "thugged" out. I know that everybody in this "new generation" doesn't do this stuff. The world would really suck if it did. :lol:

Oh, New Orleans is supposingly known as having cajun people here. Sorry, but we don't have them hear. :lol: They are in Western Louisiana.

bryanjeep said:
Another thing is, why can't people use proper English or anything somewhat close to it? Oh I forgot, the "new generation" thinks this is cool and hip. When in all actuallity it is a disgrace.

I agree with you Bryan, good points in your above posts.

People need to focus on using english. I'm not saying that I think we should be rude to people who can't spell correctly or use perfect grammar, as I have a dyslexic brother, and know how hard it can be for some people.

<Mini Rant>
However, people need to at least try. I don't think that using words spelled with lots of random 14723 and !*@$& (numbers and symbols) just because it is easier or "cooler" is acceptable. Also, I don't think it is something to encourage. Especially in a forum where you are trying to communicate with many people who may not understand that or don't want to spend the time trying to decipher that kind of language.
</Mini Rant>
:mrgreen:

Ok, Back to Jeeps :mrgreen:
-Nick :!:

Get a jeep truck! I assume most parts will be the same as a cherokee ? Will it have a frame ? (nick)

Just get sick of only seeing yj's .
A Jeep truck on 60s would be nice :)

Doesn't really matter Now does it Bryan and XJ he seams to have been ran off by the "Gramar Nazis"

Poor Kid he came here to ask a simple question about Jeeps and was shunned away by a bunch of closed minded folks that are set in their ways and not even willing to give a new, easier way of on-line communication a chance. :(

Hey gettinstarted15, I say get a Jeep. I've had cars, trucks, SUV's and this is my first Jeep. I wish I bought one when I was 16 or 17. Would've been a heck of aolt easier to work on than some of the stuff I had. Cheaper, too.

I don't care if you use english, broken english, internet shorthand, L33T, or whatever. If I can make it out and I have have an answer, I'm gonna reply.

Just don't call me Dawg :shock:

I don't really know who these "grammar nazis" are, but I am saying it again...this was not directed at Gettingstarted15. How many times do I have to say it? I just wanted to elaborate on the English topic. I send my apologies to Gettingstarted15 if any offense was taken. None was meant towards you.

White said:
Get a jeep truck! I assume most parts will be the same as a cherokee ? Will it have a frame ? (nick)

The Jeep Commanche Truck (~1984-1990?) was built very similar to the cherokees. Most parts are interchangeable. It's kind of like a cherokee with the back end cut-out :mrgreen:. I'm not sure if they are Unibody or not. They are neat though. Unfortionately, you don't see many of them around any more...

L33TJ33P said:
Doesn't really matter Now does it Bryan and XJ he seams to have been ran off by the "Gramar Nazis"

Poor Kid he came here to ask a simple question about Jeeps and was shunned away by a bunch of closed minded folks that are set in their ways and not even willing to give a new, easier way of on-line communication a chance. :(

Got any more insults you'd like to share? I think you're blowing this out of proportion. :roll:

I was commenting in general... meant to be taken as a suggestion. I never said anything meant to be rude... but since you and others seemed to be debating in this thread whether using good english is important or not, I decided to share my opinion as well.

Sorry if I appered to be "closed minded" or "a grammar nazis" just because my opinion differs from yours.... but rest assured I'm neither :mrgreen:

Seriously guys, just drop it!Get back on topic, this kid is looking for a first vehicle, lest help him out not decide how we should use english.

Back