Finally, rocker protection! Lots of pics!

jps4jeep

Super Moderator
All, done! I went with 6X6 (cause it is covering some body damage) with 1.25 dom tubing! I have to admit that I did not under take this all by my-self! I need to give props (Is that what you kids say now-a-days) to Zach over at AtoZ Fabrication for the help!

Before (you can see some of the beating that the rockers have taken, and this is the good side.)
image-missing.png

During
image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

Cleaned up and primed and painted the rocker section!
image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

I went with a couple coats of primer, couple coats of flat black, then I used dupli-color's rubberized undercoating on all surfaces (eccpet the part you step on) to help seal, and protect the metal (plus it gives that cool textured look) Then I sprayed three coats of rustoleum's cracked hammered finish! very durable, I used it on teh frame of my hot rod three years ago and still shows no wear!

image-missing.png

After with a lot of stainless hardware.

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

This side had the worse damage out of the two, you can see some of the paint behind the jeep sticker.

Thanks for looking!
image-missing.png

Looks good! You sure you have enough mounting bolts in there? :shock: :wink:

frankiefire702 said:
Looks good! You sure you have enough mounting bolts in there? :shock: :wink:

I know I know, there are two reasons why they're so many bolts

1. simply cause I had all the stainless hardware hanging around from a previous project.
2. I used to have the factory steps (which have been long gone for a while) and i simply re-used those holes which where 4 5/16 inches apart from each other. so I simply used that measurement to have some consistancy down the side (and keep it from looking retarded). the only two with different measurements are the Most foward and most rear bolts.

Take a tip from my wife with the sprained ankle and get some grip tape from the hardware store. Slap it on where your feet are prone to step. It will keep you from busting your a$$ when your feet are muddy. It will also keep from peeling the paint off of common wear areas.
Looks good.

Nice job. I've been planning on making some of those for a while now. I think I might make mine similiar to yours by using the tubing for a step. This way, it'll keep my girlfriend from complaining about how she can't get in.

great looking rockers, love the coverage underneath, mine go under about 4 inches but its 1/4 thick angle iron so i really dont worry about bending it at all. thats a heck of a lot of bolts, you sure you werent trying to pull some dimples out of the body?

Sweet rockers... and I like the red skid.

Back