Exhaust problem

xt master

I have a few problems with my exhaust.

1.I got stuck going up a hill in the snow and slid down backwards.The tailpipe dug in and bent around the axle.

2.Where can I get the rubber hangers from,mine ripped in half.Found them at auto zone

3.How can i redo my exhaust so this is not a problem in the future.

4.Does any one know of some who can custom bend pipe in the NE PA to make my own exhaust.

Last edited:

Here's an answer to one of those questions:

2. Just go to Auto Zone and buy some metal strapping. It costs like $3 for a pack. It works fine for hanging exhaust pipe.

Any good muffler shop will either be able to custom bend tube or piece together an exhaust pipe from shorter bend sections.

As for routing exhaust, you can always just run it as close to the tub/frame as possible. I also saw one near me that had the exhaust routed up into the pass. side rear fender well. It looked pretty cool from what I can remember.

i remember a guy who actually put stacks on his wrangler that looked cool as **** they came out behind the wheels at the corner of the bumpers next to the tail lights that might be an option for you also he had the 4.0 and installed a y pipe to make the split and the stacks were 2 cherry bombs painted with high temp aluminum paint with tail pipe turnouts said he originally did it because he would wheel in deep mud with lots of water.. but they looked cool none the less

Will it do any damage to run with no exhaust for awhile.The cat and muffler fell off again.It's all bent up and no cash to replace ATM.The second O2 censor is disconnected,not sure if it makes much of a difference.

Open exhaust won't do any harm, but disconnected O2 sensors can seriously booger up the way the jeep runs. They tell the computer how the motor is behaving.

upstream O2 is still connected..Downstream is disconnected due to no pipe to connect it to.New exhaust order about a 2 week wait now.All new from the manifold back.

Watch for police. It is possible to get a traffic ticket from the right one and may force you to get it fixed within a certain time frame.

Watch for police. It is possible to get a traffic ticket from the right one and may force you to get it fixed within a certain time frame.

I know.I have the old one in the back to show them it just fell off.New one is in the mail..should be here with in two weeks.

I've seen turn-outs on the side. They do look good, but I wonder if you would eat too much exhaust fumes with them there?

As of right now my exhaust ends where the skid plate starts.I do have the roof on and the only fumes I have smelled so far is when I was sitting at a light.I'm sure it would be worse in the summer with no roof.

Back