Exhaust manifold

gp-man

I have a 98tj with 62000 miles and an I getting ready to buy the 3RD exhaust manifold on it. I would like to know what is a good header. I heard Banks has a guarantee on theirs not to crack. Also have heard that they have the same problem. Has anyone had this same problem? If so what did you do to fix. :x
Thanks!

I put a banks header on. to say I abuse my rig is an understatement, it has held up just fine.

I think it's 98 TJs where all the problems are. I went through 2 OEMs before buying a Borla. Finally a crack. I'm going through the million mile warrenty right now. I had it for 6 sold hard years and never had a problem. If you willing to change it yourself, it's only about a days worth of work but downtime waiting to get a replacment is a few weeks. Mine isn't a total DD so time wasn't an issue with me. Good luck.

PS - I have a 98 as well

Attachments

• crack 2.JPG
    crack 2.JPG
    423.5 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
Seems like those with early TJ's that crack stock manifolds tend to crack aftermarket headers, even Banks. I would look at the newest OEM manifold that will work as they have built-in flex tubes to reduce cracking.

I have a 98 with the new OEM with flex tubes and it is cracked. I just ordered a new banks manifold, hope i haven't made a mistake.

Back