evil steelhorse sound bar

Greencuke

i get my sound bay (that has been on back order for 3 months) and i go to hook it up toiday. the first thing i find is that the wiring harness has about 7 inches of wire, (somehow thats supposed to run from the roll bar to the headset) so i have to go to radio shack friday and get some wire. so i figured i would at least mount it and then hook it up when i could. but silly me, i find that i have to take the hard top off to drill and then screw in the holes for the mounting brackets. cause it makes too damn much sence to make a bracked that could be mounted from a better angle.....sorry, ive just been waiting all day for the ups guy to come and now i have a really cool looking speaker bar sitting on my counter not playing music![addsig]

I had given thought to buying one myself but now I shall not. I wondered about the mounting and the quality of the thing. Thanks for the heads up. Tug[addsig]

I prefer lock boxes for my speakers for that very reason. Plus they're damn near impossible to steal! I say this because even trying to tighten the damn things down was a pain in the heineken! Sorage space and speakers all in one! Now I have to find a place for my bazooka tube, so I can mount a 50 cal ammo can.[addsig]

i'm sure locking speakers in boxes will muffle the sound a little. soundbars like the one you just picked up make for a nice sound (playing down behind your head) and i'm sure that you'll enjoy it once you get it wired. its only 2 (2/each) wires right? 2 speakers?... shouldn't be too hard. they probably didn't give you really long wires because some people would be running the speakers off an amp which could be much closer than the head unit... like underneath the front seat(s)...[addsig]

The boxes I have a designed for speakers. They each have 2 compartments. One for storage and the other, smaller one, is where the speakers are mounted. This part has grills and is meant for the speaker. Plus it's weather "proof"! I'll post a pic a little later.[addsig]

I have a YJ with a sound bar overhead and two speakers in the Thor Soundwedge behind the base of the roll bar plus the two dash speakers. The setup sounds absolutely great. The overhead sound bar helps tremendously and puts the softer lyrics and mid ranges right into your ears but you may still need something to supplement it if you want stronger base.

I eventually ended up with 6 speakers, an amp with crossovers, and a high-end head unit (all installed to avoid attracting unwanted attention) in order to be able to clearly hear my music with the top down at 70 mph. A little costly but worth it...if you like music.[addsig]

I'm savin' up my $$$$ for important things.....like goin' higher lol Rob
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Back