Ever see these pictures

Ragtopman

Yep

Reagan was a jeeper

image-missing.png

I think thats a CJ6

image-missing.png

RE: Re: RE: Adventures in the Gadget Cave

I remember seeing an interview with him when he was president, I think on 60 Minutes, where they were riding around his ranch in one of his Jeeps. If I recall, he had at least 3 at that time.

RE: Hey Mingez, Is this true?

Never saw the first one, but yeah I knoew he was a Jeeper. We could use him now!

RE: Re: RE: Re: bfg muds vs. mtr

The second one is a Scrambler. I think it was an 82 model. There is another pic floating around of him and Gorbachev riding around his ranch in that Jeep......I'm pretty sure it's that Jeep anyway.

I thought he was cool before this, now he is really cool! Awesome shots!

Lady

The only other picture I could find of a US president in a Jeep:

03182003-3.jpg

President Roosevelt, seated in a jeep with General Dwight D.
Eisenhower (aka "Ike," then commander of the North African
theatre of operations), relaxes at Castelvetrano Airport in Sicily
following the Cairo and Teheran conferences at which Operation
Overlord received final approval. In the left background is Lt. Gen.
George S. Patton, Jr., Commander of the U.S. 7th Army.
U.S. Signal Corps photo dated December 14, 1943.

RE: suspension lift+hinge shackles

Wasn't the Scrambler a long CJ7? That one has the CJ5 type doors, which tells me it is a CJ6?????

I was talking about the Jeep in the second pic. The first pic is of a CJ6, the second is a blue CJ8 Scrambler. The same one in the pics that south 442 posted. I think that was the one he was most photographed with.

RE: Re: Jeep on Hogan

Oh, okay... my bad.

wow, he owned more than one... a real jeep lover. Good man that Ronnie Reagan!

Re: RE: Re: bfg muds vs. mtr

Interesting what you can see in the background of that large pic link.
Look on the shelves behind the Scrambler and you can see some Exxon chassis grease tubes, cans of Gunk, what looks like some Krylon high temp paint and a nice battery charger ohh and a nice compressor.
He also had a way cool garage... :)

90Xjay said:
Interesting what you can see in the background of that large pic link.
Look on the shelves behind the Scrambler and you can see some Exxon chassis grease tubes, cans of Gunk, what looks like some Krylon high temp paint and a nice battery charger ohh and a nice compressor.
He also had a way cool garage... :)

Not to mention the "GIPPER" license plate! :)

Regardless of their political ways, I'd have to say (from what I've read) that Reagan and Jimmy Carter were the two most "hands on" presidents of our era when it came to actually working and getting dirt under their nails. The pics of Reagan's garage are a testament to that, and I do remember hearing about him having quite a mechanical aptitude in his younger years, building race cars and motors. Carter had a similar ability, only his was geared towards farm machinery and carpentry, and is considered a master at both.

Back