Easter @ Moab....warning has pictures

Utah_jeepster

Super Moderator
Ok boyz and Girlz...
Been off in the wilds of Moab for the last 7 dayz enjoying lots of new trails.
We dropped down tuesday the 6th and set up camp that afteroon.
Our first trip was out to Chicken corners and Kane creek to break in a newbie. It rained so hard that all the creeks were running 3 feet higher.
So we ditched Kane Creek and headed over to Fins and Things.
image-missing.png

Both Shawn and I played on both sides of sand flats road and did a complete run of Fins and things.
Then to top off the evening before heading back to camp we did the Baby's Lions back
image-missing.png

The next morning I lead a group of seven Jeepz from our Lone Peak 4 Wheelers club up Porcupine Rim trail where we had lunch over looking Castle Valley
image-missing.png
Then we headed north to tackle Seven Mile Rim trail also known as Monitor & Merrimac trail
image-missing.png

The Next day we had our club run where we tackled Tip Toe through the Rocks trail and Pritchett Canyon trails. We stopped at Hummer Hill to play where a few of tried our luck
image-missing.png
. And yes I made it....
Saturday we left camp early to beat the Red rock group and ran Metal Masher. Picture will be forthcommin since I forgot my camera that day...grrr whats this waking up at 5:30 in the morning stuff I am on vacation!
Sunday my last day I convinced the group to run Hell's Revenge trail since I was going home.
Hells revenge is just like Fin's and Thing's but with longer and taller fins
image-missing.png

and a bit more trickier
image-missing.png
We did have one treat ...that was running into Dan Mick, and got to follow him out while he was taking a few customers along the trail.
For those of you who dont know who this man is http://www.danmick.com/. He is one of the leaders who started alot of the trails we ride down there. To see this man in action and to have him finish guilding our trip was great.
Sadly I had to drive home Sunday afternoon while the rest of my group went off to Flat Iron Mesa and Rose Garden Hill...so many trials and so little time...
BY the Way Hollows Eve came through without a scratch and not a broken part...

sounds like you had an awesome time!! I was wondering why I hadn't seen you around for a while. Great pictures as well

PASmokeater said:
nice pics...and great write up...makes me want to hit the road right now :)
Exactally ! VERY NICE !

Holy cool Batman!! That's right... You're Batman. :eek: :lol:

Really great stuff.

yeah, i'm driving out to moab in the morning, just decided. oh no i gotta work, not to mention the hundred's of dollars it would cost in gas. i guess the daily commute will have to hold me over.

Man I wish I could have gone. The bank account just could not handle it not to mention all of my final projects I have for school. Now I Just hope I can find a job to stay in the area so I can make the next trip. Great pics.

Nice picts. I was in Moab three weeks ago. It was perfect weather and it wasn't crowded at all. We ran Porcupine Rim, Fins & Things, Baby Lions Back, Poison Spider and some trial inside Arches National Park. We had a blast and took a lot of awsome pictures like yours. I would post some, but don't have the hosting capability right now.

That looks awsome!!!!! I cant wait to get another jeep.

this to all you who live near moab and paragon: need a roommate?

We live in MA (capecod) And are serously looking for a roomate to rent out the basement this summer........ To anyone who may be interested.

Stolen Doors!!

purpleyjgirl said:
this to all you who live near moab and paragon: need a roommate?

We live in MA (capecod) And are serously looking for a roomate to rent out the basement this summer........ To anyone who may be interested.
hehe, move to PA or UT and then we'll talk purpleyjgirl. i live in boston, and have my lease for another year and a half, i'm not going anywhere.

hahaah there goes my blond tendency's again, didnt even look at your location but just in general if anyones interested.

BTW laura I know your blond and all my jokes have nothing to do with you, you are one smart woman :wink:
Maybe its just the hairdresser in me :D

Back