Earthquake!!

TerryMason

Administrator
Staff member
We just had a 5.8 magnitude earthquake in Virginia. This was the first earthquake I've ever experienced, and would like it to stay that way. I was on the 9th floor when the building started swaying back and forth. I don't see any damage or injuries, but it scared the bejesus out of everyone.

Magnitude 5.9 - VIRGINIA

I'd be scared too on the 9th floor, that's a long way up and a lot of movement exaggerated as you get higher. Glad everyone is ok.

I think there was one in Colorado yesterday.

Growing up in California I went through several earthquakes, but you never forget your first. That eerie feeling up and down your spine...then the slight vertigo as everything moves and your standing still.
Glad your alright.

i grew up in socal also so they are nothing new but i do remember hte first one, ha ha ha.

i hate when they are bad enough that stuff starts breaking. those are the scary ones. stuff falls off the walls or the drywall comes off the ceilings. those ones suck

A 5.8 wouldn't even wake me up. :p

I imagine the buildings out there aren't built for seismic activity? Most things here in So Cal are, so it's not usually enough to get my attention until up around 6.5 or 7.0.

Back