drive line Vibration

jeepcherokee

Hey, i got a '98 Cherokee with a 3.5" lift. I put a 2 degree axle shim in to quell the vibs, but i still get um on acceleration. I have been looking at SYE's, and transfer case lowering kits. What should i go with? Is there anything else i should be looking at? I use it as a daily driver, but at the same time i offroad daily with it. Thanks for any help.

if you shimmed the axle, you likely took the pinion and the output out of parallel... you can alleviate that with a Tcase drop so that it comes down 2 degrees, which will angle the driveline back down so that they are parallel

Lower the Tcase .5", worked on our '98 with 3" of lift. I just used .5" metal bar stock, cut long enough to fit under each end of the crossmember. Use the crossmember for a template to mark the holes to drill in the metal bar.

Get 4 metric bolts .5" longer than stock, and two of the crossmember bolts are studs which can easily be backed out.

33's or 35's?

go with the t-case drop. i put a 1" drop on my 97 with a 3" lift and it fixed it perfectly.

That's a lot of drop that may not be needed. Start at .5" and see if that fixes it, I'm betting it will.

hey, thanks for the advise. I tried the .5 drop but still had some problems when i rompped on it. A friend gave me his skyjacker 1" kit and after i bent the t-case shifting lingage(oops) its all working great. Now to find some mud in the friking place.

Funny thing but if you read threads on lifted 97-2001 XJ's 10 people will tell 10 different scenarios of severity of vibration and what remedied it. Wonder why that is... ?

Think thats why im going with a 2"BDS lift and 30s. If i want bigger tires later maybe a set of Bushwackers ans some 31X14.5015 swampers or baja claws. :twisted:

Back